New snow bucket with mods

/ New snow bucket with mods #31  
Nice bucket, nice shop, nice equipment, but boy do I wish I could run vertical, and darn near overhead (welding) with my MIG! That's what separates the pro's from the rest! (your photo, bottom side of the bucket) Hope you don't have too many sleepness night waiting for the new tractor!

/ New snow bucket with mods #32  
I'm just curious,did they make you an offer for the tractor as is. Or were you not willing to part with all of your first class mods. Can't wait to see the new one.:thumbsup:
Bill

/ New snow bucket with mods
Nice bucket, nice shop, nice equipment, but boy do I wish I could run vertical, and darn near overhead (welding) with my MIG! That's what separates the pro's from the rest! (your photo, bottom side of the bucket) Hope you don't have too many sleepness night waiting for the new tractor!

Thanks. Some of my customers come in the shop and say the same thing about the shop except they add to it and say "to bad there's no one here with sence enough to use it all " :laughing:
I'm no pro so I must have got lucky with that photo of the weld picured ;) if you were next to me and seen it done with the machine set up right you would do it on your second pass. If I can do it anyone can.
Yesterday I had to make a couple of tig passes overhead on a ships part. Now that was a challenge. Not so much for actually doing it but man it was sure hard on the arms.
I'm not a great sleeper. I seldom get more than 4-5 hours a night but the tractor won't keep me awake. I only use my tractor for snow clearing and all our snow is gone now :(. Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

I'm just curious,did they make you an offer for the tractor as is. Or were you not willing to part with all of your first class mods. Can't wait to see the new one.:thumbsup:
Bill

Bill when we started talking about the trade the first thing mentioned was me keeping the mods I've done. All the items I added were put on the machine using existing holes that were always in the tractor with a few very minor exceptions. When I make the change over the 4240 will look like a brand new one off the showroom floor but the 5740 will have all the goodies. I like your avatar. I'll have to post a photo of a new toy I got coming. Should be here any day now. It's been ordered for 7 weeks now. Stay tuned ;)

/ New snow bucket with mods #34  
Bill when we started talking about the trade the first thing mentioned was me keeping the mods I've done. All the items I added were put on the machine using existing holes that were always in the tractor with a few very minor exceptions. When I make the change over the 4240 will look like a brand new one off the showroom floor but the 5740 will have all the goodies. I like your avatar. I'll have to post a photo of a new toy I got coming. Should be here any day now. It's been ordered for 7 weeks now. Stay tuned ;)[/QUOTE]

Isn't it funny how we take somthig as simple as a tractor (or elcamino) that was perfectly fine the way it was and have to make it special. As Tim The Toolman Taylor said "If you didn't build it it's not realy yours"
Bill

Attachments

• camino.jpg
    camino.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 116
   / New snow bucket with mods #35  
Sir Paul! As usual, that's some NICE work! :thumbsup:

And a new tractor on the way as well? Glad to know you made it through this winter!

I'll be wearing the LWH (Lucky Welding Hat) today to build a rachet for my firewood table. I'll document it as best I can in the "Sir Paul" tradition. :D

Sir Paul! As usual, that's some NICE work! :thumbsup:

And a new tractor on the way as well? Glad to know you made it through this winter!

I'll be wearing the LWH (Lucky Welding Hat) today to build a rachet for my firewood table. I'll document it as best I can in the "Sir Paul" tradition. :D

Thank you my friend. Ya we got through the winter. We had no snow until February arrived then it was pushing snow every day and sometimes twice a day for about 5 weeks. Ended up being our busiest year in a few years snow clearing.
Your going to have to show us pictures of your project. You know how much we like pictures. Glad to hear from you and thanks for your kind words.
:thumbsup:

/ New snow bucket with mods #37  
Hey Paul where are the pics of the new ride. I figured you would give us some before and after pics.:thumbsup:
Bill

Hey Paul where are the pics of the new ride. I figured you would give us some before and after pics.:thumbsup:
Bill

Hi Bill. Well I've been at the decommissioning of the 4240. Newfoundland Kubota tells me the GL5740HSTCC3 will be shipped out the last of the month and I should receive it the first week of June.

Basically all that's left to do do with the 4240 is to remove the front custom storage unit I fabricated for the beast and remove the new stereo system.
All the lettering, lights,auto wiper system, reverse alarm, light bar, strobes, reverse camera......... has been taken out and cataloged and ready for the new tractor.
When I get the new 5740 I'll put the new bucket on the 4240 along with the 5740's stereo and speakers and then start to reapply the items in the 5740. I want to keep my old bucket because of the waste guard I made for it. It's a good bit of work to change this stuff over but I think It's worth it. Well it is to me anyway ;)

Also happy to report that the 4240 won't be going back to the dealership. I sold it for them to one of my friends. As soon as he found out about it he grabbed it. He'll be using it for his personal snow clearing. It was cool to trade the thing and not have the dealer have to bring it back to the city. It was an easy sale I guess for them. The dealer didn't come to check it out or the new owner. They knew the tractor had NO issues. Hope the new one is as good as the 4240 :)

I was at the Kubota dealership yesterday and did see my new wheel weights on a pallet there. 200lbs each and I got four of them to put on. I think the guys will install them for me at the dealership along with the 3rd function valve set up.
Everything is up to date now. I'll post photo's of the new tractor when it shows up. In the time being here's a few pics of the 4240 as it looks now.

Had a customer come in the shop yesterday and say "I see you got your new tractor but man it looks some plain compared to your old one". :laughing:

I had to tell him it is the old one with the stuff removed. This is how he looked :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Short vid. Part 1
Removal of the 4240 part#1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 153
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 148
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 113
   / New snow bucket with mods #40  
Paul:

The Kioti Killer looks like a Kubota.:laughing: Kind of drab and orange......

I have a 50 hp and you'll love the extra umfff of the new one. Does the new one come with multiple speed pto. Mine has three speeds which really makes a huge difference when I'm running my shredder's or the square baler.

I can't wait to see the mods that you will make on the new one when the time comes. I'm sure you'll have some great improvements to make.:thumbsup:

Nice work as usual on the bucket.....and I"m looking forward to more pictures.

Glenn.