new snow plow

/ new snow plow #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
So i bought this new snowplow for my Kubota 2650 skid steer attach.. it is an Erskine 7 footer.. NO OSCILLATIOIN when you turn it full left or right the opposite side digs in.. i know im gonna hear 'buyer beware" but i thought there would be some give an take....i have rough surfaces to plow and it is stiff as an old goat. Any suggestions?? Has anyone seen any type of skid steer adaptor that would allow oscillation?? thanks

/ new snow plow #2  
The A-frame of the plow frame must be level. If not, the blade cutting edge will be lower on one side when angled. Adjust the curl function to get the A-frame level then the blade should swing left / right with the cutting edge even with the ground. Also, does the blade float meaning does it hang from a chain like it would on a truck. Here's a pic of mine. I recently changed mine from fixed / welded to the QA plate to a floating type like on a truck. The pic painted yellow was how I originally built it. The gray painted plate is how it is now showing it hangs under the plate on pins and can float with slack in the chain. The side view shows the A-frame is level. This will keep the cutting edge even with the ground when angling. Post a pic of what you have.

Attachments

• DSCN1982 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1982 (Medium).JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN1403 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1403 (Medium).JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN1404 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1404 (Medium).JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 154
   / new snow plow
This is great info..and i appreciate it... will experiment and get back to you

/ new snow plow #4  
If it is fixed it should have feet. I went through some of this recently. Since its starting to be spring and the ground is thawing the fixed blade can be more work. I end up using my BB when it's that soft and I'm scraping down to dirt- not storm snow but spring clean up.
Newbie plow tripping

Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Newbie plow tripping

/ new snow plow
ok, my problem is not tripping..it is how the plow rides over rough surfaces...it does not rise up or drop down from left to right because it is rigid...no oscillation capability.

/ new snow plow #6  
MOST plows do not oscillate.

A-frame level and plow will stay level when angled. But uneven terrain side to side....if you want a plow that compensates for that, you need a plow that does have the oscillate feature.

/ new snow plow
you are correct...the old pin on type plows had a large bolt that held on a swivel, the swivel part pinned onto ears of a plow frame...i know that is old fashioned..but so am i

/ new snow plow #8  
Are you floating the FEL? I have an uneven road and use feet without issue when it's frozen. Trying to figure out what surface would have so much side to side changes relative to the back axle that is causing the problems. I realize it's not tripping. The link had good insight in feet.

/ new snow plow
not floating the fel... i will try that...