New Tedder on the Market?

/ New Tedder on the Market? #1  

tessiers

Platinum Member
Tractor
05' JD 790 - 53' Ford NAA - 70' Massey Fergusen 135 diesel - 67' John Deere 3020 deisel - 77' John Deere 2130 - 1950 John Deere MC
Anyone seen the Baltimatic tedder in the agri supply catalog? Belt driven, 9' width, reasonable money. Looks good for a small scale operation. Wonder what it looks like in person.

/ New Tedder on the Market? #3  
I can see a lot of belt slippage in heavy hay, probably work on well manicured grass hay field.

/ New Tedder on the Market?
   / New Tedder on the Market? #6  
I bought one last year. I think it was the first one the AgriSupply had sold at its Garner location and they really did not know much about it. This is the first and only tedder I have used, so I don't have a lot to compare it to.

It certainly is no top of the line piece of equipment, but it gets the job done. The only trouble I have had so far is on one particularly rough field, the tires popped off of the hub twice. They look to be basicly wheelbarrow tires/hubs. I may put a tube in them this year.

Would I buy another one? Probably not. I would most likely bite the bullet and find a higher quality used machine.

/ New Tedder on the Market? #7  
There is a reason that every other two basket tedder on the market that is made by a reputable manufacturer costs at least $2000. Galfre, Sitrex, Tonutti (probably the 3 most popular brands in the US) have all done everything they can to make their tedders as affordable as possible. There is nothing more they can do short of greatly reducing quality. Stick with something made in Italy by a company that's been around awhile and you won't regret it.

/ New Tedder on the Market? #8  
I'd look for a used tedder before I'd buy that. We sold a 3pt. 2 basket Galfre on CL for $650 a few years ago that was far away much heavier built than that. The belt drive wouldn't bother me as bad as the rest of construction after looking at the manual.