New tires stretch alot?

/ New tires stretch alot? #1  

domains

Silver Member
Placed new 30 by 18.4 tires this summer, Guy placed 20 pounds, looked today and only 7 pounds, is this normal? with tubes and calcium

/ New tires stretch alot? #2  
Yes

/ New tires stretch alot?
Thx, scrapped my digital gauge with calcium, lucky i had those that slide, might of messed that one aswell

My old tires stayed at 20 pounds for 10 years

/ New tires stretch alot? #4  
Often when filling a new tire and tube with or without liquid fill there will be air trapped between the tube and the tire carcass this can easily give you a false reading for a few days as that air slowly bleeds out of the mounted tire usually around the tubes valve stem.

/ New tires stretch alot?
Often when filling a new tire and tube with or without liquid fill there will be air trapped between the tube and the tire carcass this can easily give you a false reading for a few days as that air slowly bleeds out of the mounted tire usually around the tubes valve stem.
That makes sense, My friend noticed it was low, and I made a thread few months ago showing the bend at bottom they said normal

/ New tires stretch alot? #6  
Don’t know if it’s stretching or air, mainly oxygen reacting new material. Noticed tires, even old tires filled with leak stopper also loose pressure at first.

Maybe some merit to using nitrogen for the first fill on new vehicle tires? Never have got a solid real science reason to up charge.