New to forums, trying to get new tractor home

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home
Thanks for all the input. Chris scared me out of trying it. But I like the idea of just driving the tractor home.

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home #12  
I have a 6 cly Dodge and tow antthing I want. Flatbed ?? Chris has a better idea if the poster is close

Chris ,you hit enter B-4 I did. If I were close ,I would tow you'er tractor and Chris' truck for you,His Ford would have engine trouble B-4 ya'll made it

Just messing with ya Chris :D

Is the tow hitch in the FRONT of that there Dodge?

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home #13  
Thanks for all the input. Chris scared me out of trying it. But I like the idea of just driving the tractor home.

If its less than 5 miles you can always just drive it quicker then putting it on a trailer, chaining it down, ect. I drive mine all the time.

Like I said if you are close I would be willing to help. I tow 3 or more days a week and live between Anderson and Muncie. I have nothing on my schedule for tomorrow.

Chris

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home #14  
Is the tow hitch in the FRONT of that there Dodge?

Sometimes I use the front. To pull out all the others that get stuck.See, a Dodge can pull out the others I
in Reverse :D

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home #15  
I have a 6 cly Dodge and tow antthing I want. Flatbed ?? Chris has a better idea if the poster is close

Chris ,you hit enter B-4 I did. If I were close ,I would tow you'er tractor and Chris' truck for you,His Ford would have engine trouble B-4 ya'll made it

Just messing with ya Chris :D

I don't get my F350 out of the barn until we are north of 10,000# This tractor would be a job for my Titan.

Chris

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home
I appreciate it - I'm near Cartersburg, probably an hour and a half away...and the tractor is in Terre Haute.

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home #17  
I appreciate it - I'm near Cartersburg, probably an hour and a half away...and the tractor is in Terre Haute.

I know it all well. Lived in Terre Haute for 6 years and have family in Brazil still. My sister is near you in Plainfield.

Good luck. If I were you get a flatbed roll back wrecker. They will do it for about $150

The limiting factor with your F150 is the tranny and V6. A cliant of mine has a 2002 with a auto tranny and he tows a 5,000# boat and its all it wants.

Chris

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home #19  
Did you buy from a dealer or privately? If from a dealer it should be no problem for them to deliver it for you, at their convienance.

/ New to forums, trying to get new tractor home #20  
What have you got to lose ? Maybe the wipers would blow off if you go over 80 mph ? Were you planning to fill the radiator up to the top? Maybe change that wore out recap tire on the right rear? How about the trailer ? Them rotted out 2x4's for decking starting to show inspection holes ? Have to have an onboard air compressor to keep the tires up to 15 psi or so ?

Oh, and add some oil to the rear end. You would hear it singing if you turned the Best-Buy Panasonic down.

Your new tractor weighs the same as a vintage '60's classic car. Heck, I pull mine around with a '06 Vibe. Got to watch the width, though. The tow car is 1/2 the width of the trailer. Bad when going thru a toll booth without a fresh Red Bull in me ...