New to hay. Is this a fair deal?

/ New to hay. Is this a fair deal?
Thanks to all for their feedback. At this time I am happy enough with this deal. I will explain why.

This is a paddock that I have had just sitting for 20 yrs. I have to do firebreaks and it just gets more weeds each year. I want to make it useful but cannot justify the cost of ploughing etc. This way it is done for me and yes he will make money out of my land. He has been growing pumpkins for a couple of years on another neighbours block. I am prepared to take him at his word. The worst that can happen is that I get left with a paddock needing to be levelled and seeded, in effect what I need to do now. I am not actually out of pocket, only lost a small amount of fertility.

Weedpharma

/ New to hay. Is this a fair deal? #12  
Good deal.
If you live in an area of the country where burning old fields is common practice, you could burn the dead grass and any weed seeds laying on top. New England comes to mind and we burned many a field when there.

/ New to hay. Is this a fair deal? #13  
if you both are getting what you want.. sounds like a good deal for both.. I let some old people use a couple of acres for a garden one year.. they were going to do all of the work.. that not what happen,, but I learn a lesson from it.. don't trust old people.:laughing:. Lou

/ New to hay. Is this a fair deal? #14  
If you are both happy, that's great. My view is the tenant is providing a LOT of equipment, manpower and out-of-pocket expense as the deal has been explained.

/ New to hay. Is this a fair deal?
All I need to do now is wait for May to see if he goes ahead as he is considering buying land. If he uses the land, he will plough in early winter to kill off some of the weeds then prepare the soil for pumpkins in October.

Weedpharma