New (to me) 7264 Owner

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner #1  

demigodofa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7264
Hello all. I just sold my Satoh Beaver S370D and purchased a Cub Cadet 7264 with the front snowblower and loader for what I hope is a reasonable price. I was wondering if any knew about adding aux. hydraulics to these tractors? I had a grapple bucket for my other tractor and it was my go to attachment. Also I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a quick attach setup that bolted right to the 610 loader that the tractor came with?
Thanks for your help. new cub pic 1.jpgnew cub pic 2.jpgnew cub pic 3.jpgnew cub pic 4.jpgnew cub pic 5.jpg

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner #3  
Looks like a real nice rig! What was reasonable price if you dont mind me asking? Looks like it's in great shape, well taken care of, or not used very much?
I'm assuming you also have the front hitch to mount the blower, and long driveshaft? There are kits to add aux hydraulics, I think everything attachments which is an advertiser here has them.
There is no quick hitch for the blower to attach to the loader - too much weight up front, and you have to get the driveshaft back to the mid PTO.

Any other questions ask away!

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner
$8995 with 390 hours. He definitely took care of his stuff. Thanks for the heads up on the aux. hydraulics. I'm going to look into that right now. I'm going to convert the loader bucket to a universal mini skidsteer setup. I ordered the main piece yesterday and will fabricate the rest. I read online that there was a recall because of the hydro kicking out from high or low into neutral when going down a hill with a load "creating a dangerous condition." I don't want to experience that condition. Is there any way for me to check if it's been done to it yet?
Thanks again.

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner #5  
If it still has the serial # tag, I would call the closest dealer and run the number to see if the recall was performed.

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner
Good info. I didn't know I could do that. thank you. I looked at the everything attachments and I can't believe the prices. I found a place called WR Long, which after doing a quick search in the forums isn't new to anyone. Their prices are much more reasonable however. Since no one makes a "bolt on" kit for this tractor I'm going to order the electric over hydraulic valve kit, base plate and possibly the handle with rocker switch in it. Should be around $350 and then I'll have to have all of the hoses made.

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner #7  
Yeah, for some reason the prices for these kits is way up there. I know the valves are the big cost, but still....I purchased the front aux hydraulic kit and the rear remote kits for my 4900 and it was close to 2K......:yell:

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner #8  
I am looking at almost the same set up, it has 228hrs but is missing the FEL. The guy wants 6k for it, but i really would like to find a loader first! How do you like it so far??

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner
I love it. The power steering is amazing, the hydro transmission is a real time saver when jockeying around. It is not as powerful or precise in the low end as a geared tractor but this is a rolls Royce compared to what I had. Mine has a Woods 610 loader on it. I haven't tried the snowblower yet, but that's primarily why I bought it. Mine according to the owner (and some of the other 7264 tractors from what I've read) needed to have the dashboard replaced, which resulted in the hourmeter going back to zero.

/ New (to me) 7264 Owner #10  
Interesting, this machine looks brand new aside from some dust on it from sitting. The only thing keeping me from going to grab it is the fact that it has no loader and I can't seem to find one for it. I have a few dealers looking, the guy may be willing to cut me an even better deal because he wants it gone.