New to me B3030 Loader Control Issue

/ New to me B3030 Loader Control Issue #1  

Gypsyman

Silver Member
Tractor
2020 Yanmar YT235C
Short back story. I purchased property in Florida and have been finding all kinds of stuff on it. The previous owner said that there were two tractors on the property that he would leave if I thought that I could get them running.

When I finally moved to the property I found the Massey 1533 right away. Messed with it some and unfortunately it appears that it lost a lobe on the cam. Not sure if it's worth putting a used engine in it or if I should just part it out. Couldn't find the other tractor.

I was walking the gun range and saw a pathway punched through the bank on one side. It was quite overgrown but a machete gained me access pretty quickly. Once I got through the brush I found a large open area with high walls that had been excavated out. Looks like it was intended to be a 360° pistol range. The brush was about head high but I could see an old tattered silver tarp with a bush hog sticking out and a flash of Kubota orange showing. Drug the tarp off and sure enough, there sat a cabbed B3030 with an LA403 loader and a Land Prided RCR1860.

Tractor was in rough shape but complete and a quick inspection showed just 159 hours on the meter. It was covered in lichens from sitting under the tarp in the Florida humidity, cab roof was busted up pretty good, broken lights, dented side panels, yada yada. For just 159 hours she's had a hard life. Fast forward to today.

After a lot of tinkering and about $4000 in parts I have a nice running, low hour B3030HSDC. The silly plastic roof was about $2000 of that cost (which is absurd) but they are showing as discontinued so I was glad that I was able to still get one.

So, after all was said and done, I only have one remaining issue which is with the LA403 loader control. The joystick curl and dump function works smoothly and returns to center just fine. The lift and lower is another story. Very stiff when moving the joystick and a hard shove accompanied buy a loud snap is required to get into the float position. Under normal use the joystick has to be pulled or pushed back into the neutral/center position. I've lubed the control cable to no end with no change. I'm assuming that the problem lies in the detent portion of the valve. So, I need a little expertise here. After looking at the parts manual I assume that the detent is contained in the portion of the valve that I have circled in the below picture. Since I don't have a shop to work in yet can this be pulled and cleaned/lubed in the field or will the guts try to come out on me?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. It's the last item to repair to have a 100% functional tractor.

Extra photos for your viewing pleasure. I have no idea what the intended purpose of the large hooks welded to the bucket is.

Attachments

• IMG_0153 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0153 - Copy.JPG
    601.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 71
   / New to me B3030 Loader Control Issue #2  
Wow, what as find.....he left you a tractor at least worth low $20k in value fixed up. The joystick valves also are connected by cables but the joints that goes into joystick has points that needs lube to.

/ New to me B3030 Loader Control Issue
If I can get this loader control issue figured out I'll be pretty happy with it.

/ New to me B3030 Loader Control Issue #4  
The problem can be in the valve end or sometimes it is on the joystick end. A cleaning and lube may be all it takes:

FEL Float Detent Issue

/ New to me B3030 Loader Control Issue #5  
I've lubed the control cable to no end with no change.
Did you get the lube to go thru the entire cable? Be sure to use a cable lube, not just a cheap penetrating spray.

I'm sorry. I should have said joystick. I'm confident that the joystick is lubricated to the point of absurdity. Next step is to disconnect the cables at the valve end to isolate the issue to the cables (and get lube all the way through them) or the valve itself. Since the valve doesn't have the simple metal caps I'm leery of pulling the portion of the valve that I have circled in the photo until I'm 100% certain that it's not just a cable issue.

/ New to me B3030 Loader Control Issue #9  
Disconnect the cables from the control valve spool. This will separate cable from detent on the valve to help identify the potential problem(s).

Detents can get corroded so could be both cable and detent assembly. Personally I would be hard pressed to repair detent if not on hard surface or had something to help contain potential of flying parts especially if corroded so the parts semi stay put till cover is removed and then springs let loose and where the heck did that go…

The hooks had a forklift attachment, kinda like the ones pictured
I was wondering if that's what the mounts were for. There are two sets of forklift forks sitting at the end of the shooting bench. I bet he was planning to fab his own setup.