New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments

/ New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #1  

southerntester

Tractor
New Holland TC33D
Just bought my first tractor, a slightly used John Deere 4300 32 HP 4wd hydro and I am already looking for attachments I want to buy. My dad has a New Holland TC33D we have used for years so we already have a bush hog, post hole digger and a rear blade. The JD tractor came with a 72" belly mower but I would like to find some kind of offset mower so I could double my cutting ability as we are mowing 15 acres in our orchard. I am also looking for recommendations on a front end loader for it. Looks like the John Deere 420 & 430 loaders will work. I don't know anything about loaders so any help here would be appreciated. The loader will mostly be used for Harry home owner type stuff. The next thing I am interested in is a power angle blade for the front. The winters here in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia can be snowy at times. I there some common hookup that will make it easier to change between the loader and the blade? Thanks...

/ New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #2  
I've a 4300 and like it a lot. Can't even bring myself to trade up as the newer changes just are not as convenient as the 4300.

Get the 430 loader (FEL) if possible as it is a heavier one than the 420. Lifts more, etc. A set of forks for it too, I find them used more than the bucket which is the heavy duty (not the wider, lighter snow/materials bucket)
I put a Western 7' plow on mine and it is a snow monster. Especially so after adding a wing plow to it.
The Deere FEL's are very quick to add or drop. Except for connecting four hoses, all is done from the tractor seat.
The plow is quick-tach too, with just two 1/2" bolts through the weight bracket plate to lock it in place and attach three hoses.
The wing plow equally quick, as the front is held to a bracket that slides over the FEL frame post, and the rear is just a telescoping arm that goes to the drawbar with one pin holding it. The lift of the wing is with a short chain around the 3 ph lifting arm and the wing push arm. The wing will attach equally as well on either left or right side.

Attachments

• Ash_forks_b (Large).jpg
    Ash_forks_b (Large).jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 100_1588.jpg
    100_1588.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 1,983
  • 100_1052.JPG
    100_1052.JPG
    785.7 KB · Views: 7,996
  • PalletWood1.JPG
    PalletWood1.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,499
   / New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #3  
I seriously doubt you will find a 420/430 loader around-used (loaders in general) ones are very rare to find, and often they are ragged out if you do. The newer 300x or 300cx will fit if you can find a new-old-stock one and order the proper mounts. I am not sure if the current H165 will fit because JDP (John Deere Parts) does not show the mounts for the 4x00 tractors.

You may be better looking at the aftermarket for one-Woods, Quicke, and Westendorf are all good choices-You can expect to pay about 4K for a JD or aftermarket FEL. The good news is you already have the hydraulics to operate it.

John Deere made the #74 and #84 front QA blades, they turn up used frequently on tractorhouse.com or machinefinder.com, just make sure it includes the proper mounts as they are very expensive to get through JDP. If you can fabricate than adapting a truck plow blade as Beenthere did is a great solution.

Here is an example for a 4310: John Deere 74 FRONT BLADE FITS 4310 Tractors - Compact (1-40hp.) - John Deere MachineFinder

/ New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #4  
Here is a pic of my 4300 with the newer style 300X loader on it, the curved arms make it look much more modern and you may have better luck finding one of these. The forks on more then my bucket also. I have everthing on pallets outside so things can be moved or brought inside easily.tractor 1.JPG

/ New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #6  
I've a 4300 and like it a lot. Can't even bring myself to trade up as the newer changes just are not as convenient as the 4300.

Get the 430 loader (FEL) if possible as it is a heavier one than the 420. Lifts more, etc. A set of forks for it too, I find them used more than the bucket which is the heavy duty (not the wider, lighter snow/materials bucket)
I put a Western 7' plow on mine and it is a snow monster. Especially so after adding a wing plow to it.
The Deere FEL's are very quick to add or drop. Except for connecting four hoses, all is done from the tractor seat.
The plow is quick-tach too, with just two 1/2" bolts through the weight bracket plate to lock it in place and attach three hoses.
The wing plow equally quick, as the front is held to a bracket that slides over the FEL frame post, and the rear is just a telescoping arm that goes to the drawbar with one pin holding it. The lift of the wing is with a short chain around the 3 ph lifting arm and the wing push arm. The wing will attach equally as well on either left or right side.

Could we get a close up of your chainsaw holder? Thank you.

/ New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #7  
I'll do that. Have one on both sides. Handy to have when cutting firewood logs in the woods.
Just plywood with a spacer, and scrap metal to clamp to the ROPS.

Attachments

• 100_1349.JPG
    100_1349.JPG
    828.9 KB · Views: 403
  • 100_1351.JPG
    100_1351.JPG
    830.8 KB · Views: 618
  • Saw_Scabbard_ff.jpg
    Saw_Scabbard_ff.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Sawscabbard_ff.jpg
    Sawscabbard_ff.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 296
   / New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #8  
Welcome to the forum! I agree get the largest loader you can get.

/ New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #9  
I'll do that. Have one on both sides. Handy to have when cutting firewood logs in the woods.
Just plywood with a spacer, and scrap metal to clamp to the ROPS.

I see one is a deluxe model with a rounded front corner. You must climb on and off that side. Beats buying something when you can make it. Very nice. Thank you.

/ New to me John Deere 4300 and looking for attachments #10  
Deere sells an AF11 and AF12 QA blade to replace the bucket on the front end loader. Nice blades and occasionally on Craigslist...but you got to be quick on the draw! I'm looking for one and missed two relatively recently. Figure $1000 give or take for a manual angled blade (which is what I want) and around $1500 or so for hydraulic angle.