New to me tractor...adding a grapple.

/ New to me tractor...adding a grapple. #21  
There isn't much cost difference between a diverter and third function. The valves are about the same, with the diverter valve often being slightly more expensive but the 3rd function valve needs a $35 subplate. They have the same number of hoses though the length will depend on your specific application and where you mount the valve. The diverter needs one momentary switch to operate instead of two. Generally it'll be under $100 difference.

I think it's more important to get one that works in the manner that you prefer.

/ New to me tractor...adding a grapple. #22  
And as someone mentioned, the tractor's hydraulic flow capacity comes into play quickly with 3rd function. Limited flow will result in disappointing results.

/ New to me tractor...adding a grapple. #23  
I held off almost a year getting my grapple and third function. My dealer installed a Long third function for $1100. Could I have done it cheaper? Yes. Why didn't I? Physical limits of a bad hip and wanting to get it done quickly. I purchased a light duty 72" double lid for $900. So I have 2K in a factory installed unit.

Go with the rear remotes if you want to save some coin.

/ New to me tractor...adding a grapple. #24  
I held off almost a year getting my grapple and third function. My dealer installed a Long third function for $1100. Could I have done it cheaper? Yes. Why didn't I? Physical limits of a bad hip and wanting to get it done quickly. I purchased a light duty 72" double lid for $900. So I have 2K in a factory installed unit.

Go with the rear remotes if you want to save some coin.

Maybe I missed it,,,, but have we confirmed that he has rear remotes??