New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuild

/ New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuild #1  

318Rocks

Tractor
1983 John Deere 318
New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuild

As mentioned in title, I joined today and I sincerely appreciate the site and all that post informative articles.

In order to contribute and not just take - I loaded up my first post today - 1983 JD 318 Starter Replacement Instructions
A few months back my 318 GT threw a starter :mad: about the time I returned from a long vacation and the acreage was sky high from monsoon rains that graced us (finally, can you say drought?). That said, after hours spent in vain searching for thorough, accurate instructions I gave up and rolled up the sleeves and skinned the knuckles(again).

Well, now I'm about to embark on first trans rebuild and if there's those experienced with the 318 trans rebuild then please ping me. I drained and replaced the hydraulic fluid and found some metal shavings and tiny sections of what appears to be a small washer :shocked:

Thx to all and keep posting !

318Rocks

/ New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuild #2  
Re: New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuil

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuild #3  
Re: New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuil

Welcome.

/ New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuild #4  

:welcome:

/ New to TBN - also a 318 Owner & will soon post re: Need Help with Trans Rebuild #5  

Welcome, im also a 318 owner. I have never had tranny problems but I did have to replace the engine. I went with the 18 hp vanguard specially made for the 318. I hope it isnt too serious. 100_0320.jpg