New to the diesel tractor world.

/ New to the diesel tractor world. #22  
Hello everyone! I am new to the tractor world, and this is a first for me, joining any type of form! I just purchased a used chinese tractor, (dong feng engine 35hp 4cyl) not running. Hoping to get some helpful hints along the way. Firstly, injector pump timing.:confused:

Congrats on the new tractor

Some folks don't care for chinese built tractors- but there are definitely a few of us who have had good service out of them and are Very happy with their performance.
Parts are also "Generally" Very reasonable when something does need replaced.

Good luck on the repair and Hopefully be Up and Operational in no time :thumbsup:

And Welcome to TBN

/ New to the diesel tractor world.
Congrats on the new tractor

Some folks don't care for chinese built tractors- but there are definitely a few of us who have had good service out of them and are Very happy with their performance.
Parts are also "Generally" Very reasonable when something does need replaced.

Good luck on the repair and Hopefully be Up and Operational in no time :thumbsup:

And Welcome to TBN

Thanks! Waiting on some info from "thepumpguysc". He seems to be the "go to" guy for this type of info. Hopefully all goes well and I get some use out of it, ie, snow removal!

/ New to the diesel tractor world. #24  
I had sent u an email.. if u didn't get it.. go & check the email address u listed for this site..
Anyway.. all I did was, used Google as my search engine & typed in>> your tractor mdl & put "injection pump" at the end..
I found an old thread from here I think.. that talks about 2 different ways to do it.. 1 is spill timing & the other talks about 2 dots on the drive gear & 1 dot on the pump..
The dots weren't "standard" on all engines..
So u have to get the engine on TDC & spill time the pump to #1 cylinder..
I hope this helps..

100_4775.JPG100_4776.JPG100_4777.JPG100_4778.JPG100_4779.JPG

I had sent u an email.. if u didn't get it.. go & check the email address u listed for this site..
Anyway.. all I did was, used Google as my search engine & typed in>> your tractor mdl & put "injection pump" at the end..
I found an old thread from here I think.. that talks about 2 different ways to do it.. 1 is spill timing & the other talks about 2 dots on the drive gear & 1 dot on the pump..
The dots weren't "standard" on all engines..
So u have to get the engine on TDC & spill time the pump to #1 cylinder..
I hope this helps..

Here are some pics, black one is the old one.