New Tooth Bar

/ New Tooth Bar #11  
i was thinking of getting one myself they arent cheap for 72'' bucket that will hold up to a 8000ibs + tractor i wonder if it will make that much of a diffrents my tractor diggs fine now but not in clay thats why im thinking of getting one

I have on order a construction attachments extreme duty extended tooth bar for my 84" bucket. It was like $614 dollars through my dealer and should not have any any problems on my setup which weighs about 10,000 lbs and has a 2900lb lift capacity . The bar is said to weigh 150 lbs. The slightly heavier WR long industrial weighs 165 lbs and is designed for machines with operating lift capacity of 3500 -6500 lbs which is probably at least twice what your tractor is rated for.
It should definitely be easier to dig with. Pictures it like trying to dig clay with a flat blade coal shovel or manure shovel v a garden fork that has 4 long skinny pointed forks for breaking up and turning over dirt.
Another good example would be how well a box scraper digs with the scarfiers down v up on compacted soil.
It should dramatically increase the efficiency of cut and reduce the stress put on the loader and tractor.
I'm on all clay and while i can dig if the ground is wet. I can barley scratch the surface when its dry in the summer.

Dave

/ New Tooth Bar #12  
Nice. hey at some point, like snow removal and such you're going to want to remove your tooth bar. i found the best way is with a one foot crowbar and a rubber mallot - just work each side off as the bucket is a few feet off the ground...and then watch your feet!!

/ New Tooth Bar #13  
Looks identical to mine, except mine is a tad longer and has one more tooth.

It is stupendously heavy duty, mine is 130 lbs. Have used it a lot and ignoring the paint, it is in new condition.

Toothbar, IMHO, just about doubles the capacity of what you can carry in your FEL...seems I can pile stuff higher, etc...

Loading rocks, gravel or digging in clay is possible and almost easy with a toothbar, a real pain and slow without.

The teeth make a GRAND place to hang a chain from when lifting stuff.

The teeth make it MUCH easier to load/carry weird stuff..tree trunks, odd shape boulders, the teeth catch stuff the lip just doesn't hang on to.

Combine the teeth with chain hooks on the bucket (I have 4) and you are really able to pick up and carry and chain down all sorts of odd shaped stuff.

I've dug some really big rocks out of the ground using the toothbar...have someone stand in front and observe and give directions about how to place the tooth/teeth...really helps since you often can't see well or with precision from the seat. I've placed huge pressure on ONE tooth and nothing bent...rock came out.

For me, the teeth show me where the front of the bucket is...otherwise, the lip is hidden by the back of the FEL...BIG help in positioning the FEL.

I set up my toothbar so it can be removed by removing the two bolts...have done so only once when I was needing to do lots of smooth back dragging. Just remove the bolts, take a seat, lift bucket and tip toothbar down...mine drops right off.

If you have something that is bent, like a pipe, often you can use the FEL/TOOTHBAR to put pressure in just the right place to bend it back...wood blocks, etc. sometimes help.

It reduces slightly your absolute max lifting capacity by its weight...a trade off I'll make every day...

/ New Tooth Bar
Looks identical to mine, except mine is a tad longer and has one more tooth.

It is stupendously heavy duty, mine is 130 lbs. Have used it a lot and ignoring the paint, it is in new condition.

Toothbar, IMHO, just about doubles the capacity of what you can carry in your FEL...seems I can pile stuff higher, etc...

Loading rocks, gravel or digging in clay is possible and almost easy with a toothbar, a real pain and slow without.

The teeth make a GRAND place to hang a chain from when lifting stuff.

The teeth make it MUCH easier to load/carry weird stuff..tree trunks, odd shape boulders, the teeth catch stuff the lip just doesn't hang on to.

Combine the teeth with chain hooks on the bucket (I have 4) and you are really able to pick up and carry and chain down all sorts of odd shaped stuff.

I've dug some really big rocks out of the ground using the toothbar...have someone stand in front and observe and give directions about how to place the tooth/teeth...really helps since you often can't see well or with precision from the seat. I've placed huge pressure on ONE tooth and nothing bent...rock came out.

For me, the teeth show me where the front of the bucket is...otherwise, the lip is hidden by the back of the FEL...BIG help in positioning the FEL.

I set up my toothbar so it can be removed by removing the two bolts...have done so only once when I was needing to do lots of smooth back dragging. Just remove the bolts, take a seat, lift bucket and tip toothbar down...mine drops right off.

If you have something that is bent, like a pipe, often you can use the FEL/TOOTHBAR to put pressure in just the right place to bend it back...wood blocks, etc. sometimes help.

It reduces slightly your absolute max lifting capacity by its weight...a trade off I'll make every day...

Thanks texasjohn. Great info.

/ New Tooth Bar #15  
I bought a 68" toothbar on an online auction for $145.00 after measuring my B1750's bucket. Priced a new one at about $450.00. I'll have to cut the middle 19" out of the TB and weld it back together. A bit risky, but I think I can put enough weld and reinforcement into it to make it hold together.

/ New Tooth Bar #16  
Case 245
Don't mean to hijack El Woods thread but my toothbar made the difference between my little 2320 bouncing off of clay to being able to dig into it. Of all the attachments I have I gotta say the toothbar is the most bang for the buck for what I use my tractor for. Works great to pop out rocks of all sizes so I imagine it would work on stumps.

/ New Tooth Bar #17  
Made my own. Similar to the one pictured for about $100. about 5 years ago.
Best thing since sliced bread!
I digs effectively in rocky clay soil, teeth get down between stones and rocks that otherwise deflect the cutting edge.
Tilted back slightly in float it is a great rake.
Great for clearing roots and shrubbery with aggressive back tilt.
At times I believe it thinks it is an excavator!
As to winter it handles frozen snow piles with ease while a normal cutting edge would simply deflect.

Only downside is scraping all sand or gravel down to a clean looking finish. Trick here is to pile on an old tarp to make clean up easier.

/ New Tooth Bar #19  
Just picked up my 76" W.L. Long tooth bar (9 teeth) from the dealer today, $363.96, which I thought was a good price. (the price was better because my buddy and I each bought one together).

I hope it'll work to dig - or in one case deepen - some ponds on our rocky Missouri farm.