New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler #11  
If you think the advantage for your application outweighs the hit on the trade, go for it!

Chris

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler #12  
Pricing is starting to come in on the 459E. Not too bad, the upcharge on the net system is only around 3k. Now I just have to figure out if it is worth trading...

After baling with net for yrs I'd quite baling before I'd go back to using twine on rd bales

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler #14  
My hay supplier just bought a net wrap machine. It'll be a while before I get it paid off. :p

Dog GONE IT!! August 25, 2015 news release from John Deere shows a 459E with NETWRAP! Dang-it! I sure hope my dealer did not know, LOL! I bought mine two weeks prior, and really wanted a net machine! There was not one available under 35k...

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler #15  
All I've ever known is twine baling. Why do yall prefer the net wrap? Also whats price comparison net vs twine?

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler #16  
Netwrap increases baling speed by about 25% which means in same given time frame I can bale 125 net bales instead of 100 twine bales. My JD 467 making 4 X 5.5 bales using 2 wraps of net takes about 8 seconds for me to stop,wrap,eject and start another bale,twine on the other hand takes about 30-35 seconds depending on how close one sets the twin tying arms. If applied correctly surface wrap preserves more hay if stored outside and IMHO gives bales more eye appeal thus helping sales if one is selling hay.My cost to apply Ambraco(JD) net is very close to $1 per bale not counting the savings in time/wear on baler & fuel. IIRC twine cost about .30 per bale. As I previously stated I stop rd baling if I had to go back to twine wrapping.

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler #17  
Congrats on the new baler. I didn't realize net wrap was that much faster than twine, definitely adds up when baling a lot of hay.

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler
I think I will go ahead and do the trade. I only have 205 bales on the Standard, so it's almost new...

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler #19  
Go do it man. Good luck on the trade in deal... work em hard!

Chris

/ New toy followed me home... JD 459 Standard Round Baler #20  
Nice combination. Good luck with it. I grew up in Pasadena. Used to goose hunt the rice fields around there and Alvin, Angleton, Bay City, on the coastal marsh to the SW in addition to going down to Galveston bays, both E and W for specks and reds. Great sport. Probably wouldn't recognize the place today. Good luck with your fruit. Nice geographical location for Peaches.......not much of a spring frost to kill the buds.