New Tractor Ahead

/ New Tractor Ahead #11  
Welcome to the forum SnowRidge. You are very close to me. Probably within 5 miles. I have sent you a private message. Ted Lynn, DK-45

/ New Tractor Ahead #12  
Well ,thats it then !
Once he trys Ted's DK he will be hooked./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ New Tractor Ahead
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Well ,thats it then !
Once he trys Ted's DK he will be hooked.

<hr></blockquote>

He, he. I really have been admiring the DK's, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

BTW, thanks to everyone who replied. The advice is greatly appreciated.

SnowRidge

/ New Tractor Ahead #14  
HPD = hydraulic posthole digger.
Also on front loader u have down pressure
or just the extra weight of loader to help
push auger down in tough conditions.
If u EVER use one on a SSL (skid steer loader)
u won't want to use 3 PT anymore.

/ New Tractor Ahead #15  
Currently, I use a MHD. Either would be easier than THAT. And I appreciate the heads up, as my place isn't called Rockyridge for nothin, and anything that helps plant posts is worth looking at.

/ New Tractor Ahead #16  
Pretty cool... 2 neighbors in one fell swoop.

Snowridge/Tedlynn.. I'm on Tellico Lake directly across from the village, maybe 2 coves towards dam from the Marina (at the village) technically, I'm in Greenback.

Snowridge.. nothing I can add that hasn't been said other than here.. for the hills I'm on, I prefer STRONGLY the R-1's.

Uncle has International 444 (I think ~ 35 hp??) anyway.. it has R-1's on rear and "tri rib" or what ever called on front. Sticks pretty well to hills.

Then there is Brutus... 18,000 full sized TLB that is mine. has R-4 type tread on back (new tires) and nice racing slicks on front /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif... on more than one occasion I have slid down some of our hills several feet during wet times...like today for example. The worst example was sliding sideways on brutus down length of my yard... yes it was a VERY slow slide, but the feeling of helplessness was very sobering /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif.

I wish Brutus had the traction the IH has.

for me it's easy... R-1 (the IH is only used for cutting fields, Brutus also plays in woods cleaning them up along with our road w/fallen trees)

I presume you've been to Loudon tractor....
have you been to Dooley in Athens? Dooley carries Kubota and New Holland. the dealer in north Knox carries only Kubota and last time I was there, had maybe 3 (literally) machines on their entire lot. (in fairness that was before/during the L-series changeover)

If you have any need for full sized TLB.......

Richard

/ New Tractor Ahead
Hi Richard,

I stopped by Loudon Tractor briefly once we had a signed contract on the property. I've been by Davis and Dooley for a quick looksee, and plan to stop by Sloan & Webb and Ritchie when I get a chance.

Rather than talk to the dealers out of ignorance, I decided to educate myself a little bit first--mainly by reading the posts here--as I won't be buying until around the end of January. My equipment building is on rent-back to the former owners until then while they build their new place, and I wouldn't want a shiny new tractor to have to spend cold winter nights outside. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

SnowRidge

/ New Tractor Ahead #18  
Richard, sounds like you are in the new development area across from the village. Of course, this whole area is developing fast. I'm just west of Loudon, Just off Hwy 72N.
Regards, Ted DK-45

/ New Tractor Ahead #19  
If you refer to Ritchie in Maryville, I completly forgot about them... and next to them is Taylor Brothers. They are a Massy dealer and "Tennessees newest Kubota dealer"...they have MANY machines on their lot. Also, hold auctions there from time to time.

Taylor has new, used and very used /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif on their lot. If in fact, you make it to them... you passed road to my house!! (highway 95).

Richard

/ New Tractor Ahead #20  
It is Tyler Brothers and you are correct about the rest of the information.