New tractor cab

/ New tractor cab #1  

Duke1

Tractor
2010 Kubota 2320
Baught my 2320 2 weeks ago, soon decided that I needed a cab to protect me from the cold winds. The attached cab is made out of 2 1/2 sheet of 1/2 Inch plywood, 2x2's and 2x3's. I still have to put in the windows ( Plexiglass 1/4 Inch) and finish the top. I'm awaiting for the rubber weatherstrip before I can cut and put the windows in. This is my first post so I hope the pictures will turn out ok.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 809
   / New tractor cab #4  
Really nice job!

/ New tractor cab #6  
Nice! I'm curious as to how you have it mounted/attached to the tractor.
I like the aerodynamic slope look to the front window. Question for ya.... Would it not be better to have a more vertical front window in order to shed precip and blowing snow? Just curious because I'm determined to build a cab this season and am always looking for different ideas to build the best using the best ideas.

Pretty slick getting a visor mounted in there.... I never woulda thought of that.

/ New tractor cab
The rear of the cab is build around a 2x4 at each corner, they are mounted on to the ROPS using clamps, no holes were drilled in order to mount the cab. The front is mounted on the Loader mounting brakets using 2x3's, again here I used the existing holes on the loader brackets. You are right, a forward sloped windshield would help with precepitations however I was more concerned with the looks of a more slanted slope. I plan on using the cab for winter only accordingly it was build in 4 separate panels that will come apart very easy in only a few minutes.

/ New tractor cab #8  
Nice job!

Al

/ New tractor cab #9  
I realy like your cab:thumbsup:. I think you will be very happy with it. I like the dark color interior. Do you have window that you can open if it gets too hot in there? I think it would be a good idea to put laminated glass for the windshield so that you could install a wiper and not be worried about scratches. It would not cost all that much more just check with your auto glass supplier and get a qoute.
Rob

/ New tractor cab
Thanks NH-ROB

I don't have any windows that will open, however I will only use the cab in winter. I agree with you the laminated glass for the windshield is the way to go, money being what it is I have a 4 X 8 sheet of 1/4 plexiglass that I can cut all of the windows out of including the windshield. So in order to save a few dollars I will use that for now, in 2 or 3 years if I like the cab I can always upgrade to a laminated glass windshield. Thank you for your input Rob.