New Tractor Dealer Expectations?

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I'll be going to Marshells, in Honesdale Pa. today. Going to price a new 30-40 hp Kubota, and any other tractor I get talked into. Are tractor salesmen like new car dealers? I have no love for car dealers. Legal horse traders.
Will the dealer quote me high prices and expect to haggle. What am I in for?

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #2  
I would say key would be,go w/your gut feelings...theres other dealers out there.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations?
I'm getting sticker shock already. I'd like to stay under 17,5 for a 30-40hp kubota 4wd with loader. I don't really think it's realistic. I did a build on the kubota site and I'm getting prices like:
L3200HST - 4WD TRACTOR W/HST & FOLDABLE ROPS= $22,000
How much wiggle room is there?

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #4  
Leave your checkbook at home. You are there to just ask questions and determine which tractor is the best fit for you.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations?
Yeah, this is still a learning phase for me. I still haven't decided Kubota, Mahindra, or JD. All I do know is 4wd, loader, 30-40hp. aprox. 17,500

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #6  
Don't forget to get rear hydraulic remotes added this is the best time.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #7  
Unfortunately, to get the best deal, you will have to negotiate and should be able to get 10 percent plus discount. While we own mostly Kubotas, I recommend looking at all the different top brands with good dealers in your area. Look at features and compare the same featured models between brands for a real apples to apples comparison and don't compare economy to premium, take your time as it does get complicated.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #8  
Yeah, this is still a learning phase for me. I still haven't decided Kubota, Mahindra, or JD. All I do know is 4wd, loader, 30-40hp. aprox. 17,500

I don't think you can get any of those three brands, in that size, for that price, new. Of the three, you can probably get closest with Mahindra.

I haven't been impressed with most tractor sales people, regardless of brand....I knew more about the features, and options, on their machines than they did, and they almost universally knew nothing about the competition. Ask them a direct opm parison question, and they'd just start talking about non-specific stuff, and not factual stuff.....yeah, code for "I don't know, but I want to sell you something". I've seen where they didn't even know the basic differences between two machines on their own lot.

Not a big fan.....I'll do my research, you give me prices, and that's all.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #9  
I found Kubota and Mahindra to be very pricey as well as Kioti. My new 3032E JD with loader was $15,595. I also bought a 6' blade ,5' brush hog, and I-match but that was the price of tractor and loader. Total price for everything delivered to my house with loaded rear tires was $18,944. I did my whole deal over the phone and e-mail, never saw the dealership. My salesman was awesome and he personally delivered the tractor. Tractor was delivered January 20th, 0% financing for 5 years through JD. Cant beat that.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #10  
Your best bet in that price range would b an LS G3038 (38 HP). You can probably keep it under or around $16k. 5 yr warranty too, versus 3 yr like Kubota or Massey.

Do yourself a favor and visit all the dealerships near you and sit on & test all the competing tractors. You may find that the one you thought you wanted, you no longer like after you tested it out compared to the others.

And I agree on tractor salesmen ... they're the same as any other salesman. Do your research first, and you will find that you know way more about their product then they do. Then it's fun to listen to what they have to say if you bring up another brand of tractor. They'll tell you how much more amazing their brand is, and how junkie the other ones are. Without fail.