Buying Advice New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #21  
What confuses me, is him telling you that it is "the last one of it's kind". The XR3037 is a brand new model. Maybe the last demonstrator left??

Now how did you know he was talking about an LS?

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #23  
I think at 50 hrs I would want all service done up to and including my 200 hr service
This is used and they will have to sell it as used
might be the first person buying it from them (the dealer) but it has unknown ware and tare on it
they used it for trade shows or demo's and there for used this piece of equipment for there profitability
it's no different than moving dirt around your place than them showing how well the fel works at a show

my tractor had 3.2 hrs on it at delivery at my place
I would think anything over 10 hrs. is unrealistic as being sold as new
my :2cents:

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #24  
Let me see if I understand this, you are worried about the amount of hours on a new tractor you just bought? You have not seen the tractor? The dealer doesn't know the hours on a machine he is selling. Someone can't make a phone call to where the tractor is and have someone look? Very strange indeed...

My latest tractor had 14 hrs and was sold as used, with a saving of around $4000.

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #25  
Since tractors dont get registered, im not sure what determines weather its used.

Very interesting. Every tractor here is registered, whether it is going to be on the highway or not. The registration is then used to determine the amount of off-road fuel that may be purchased. My annual allowance (45hp NH that had one hour on it when delivered) is 2200 litres. I never use more than about half that, and most years a fair bit less.

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #26  
Since tractors dont get registered, im not sure what determines weather its used.

True they do not get registered with the state like cars, but they do get registered in the warranty system when the tractor is purchased. Of course you can't see this as it is an internal thing, so a dealer could hide the fact. But that is what often determines in a dealer's eyes if the tractor is used or a demo. A demo will be sold as new with the warranty beginning date as of the date you buy it.

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #27  
If your buying a new tractor than thats what it should be,NEW. If it had more than 10 hours I would not accept it as NEW. When I go to a fair and see tractors for sale there I would try them out. That means you get some people who have never been on a tractor playing with it. I would not accept that as new,its a demo and should be priced accordingly. If it has 40-50 hours then your buying a used tractor and paying for new. If they dont adjust the price accordingly or add an incentive then I would buy elsewhere. I just bought a new tractor with 1.3 hours on it and told them to put it away, I dont want people climbing on it but thats just me. The thing that would really bother me is the fact that there telling you(lying) its the last one when there a new product line. I would tell them to order me a new one and I would wait for that one and let them keep their demo.

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #28  
My JD had 4.6 hours when it was delivered. Dealer said they put a few hours on it to make sure it worked as it should.

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #29  
I think mine had 5 hours when I got it. My dealer says they can be delivered with 1 or 2 on them and then I had them load the tires, install a second remote, so it had been moved around for that and then they let it warm up fully and give it a full systems check.
40+ hours of short run times and people trying it out should get some sort of discount, maybe $1000 off a CUT?

/ New Tractor Delivery Hour Meter #30  
My wife got a new Kubota last month and it has 0.1 hour on it and that's where she drove it around the lot. To me new is less than 1 hour. I feel if it has more than 3 hours it must be used. We had a choice and the other one had 5 hours on it but it also had grass under the deck and dust everywhere and nicked blades. I felt like it was used.