New Tractor L3430

/ New Tractor L3430 #1  

jmc012

Tractor
Kubota L3430
This is my first post but I have been lurking for awhile, after reading alot of post's and doing some studying I finally settled on this tractor. It's certainly a big improvement over the old L2050 ! Hope it doesn't rut up the yard to bad when cutting grass, the old L2050 had ag tires on it and it worked fine, I'm hoping the industrial tires will make up for the extra weight. I really didn't need this much tractor, but what the heck !

Attachments

• 685746-tractor.jpg
    685746-tractor.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 411
   / New Tractor L3430 #2  
Looks nice… You can never have too much tractor, or too much garage /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Your tires should do fine, I’ve got an L4200 and went with oversize turfs for that very reason.
Welcome to TBN and keep posting orange pictures. What make/size is your finish mower? KennyV.

/ New Tractor L3430
Hey Kenny
I have Woods RD6000, I really need a bigger mower. Guess I will have to make do for awhile. I just went to the tractor store for an oil filter and came home with a new tractor. :)
I orginally was going to buy a 3130 two wheel drive, but I just like the looks of this one.

By the way, I like your part of the country ! My family settled in Douglass, KS. back in the 1800's. I still get up there once in awhile for a visit.

/ New Tractor L3430 #4  
I just got a L3430 hst a week ago after trading in my B7500. Even if you believe it's too much right now down the road you'll be glad you've got it.

/ New Tractor L3430 #5  
Congratulations on your new tractor purchase and welcome to TBN.

I just got in from mowing with my 3430 and 90" RFM (see attached). It's a great unit. You will really enjoy the size and features.

Keep the ROPS up unless you absolutely have to fold it down. Also wear your seatbelt. You want to be around as long as that tractor will be here.

Enjoy!

OrangeGuy

Attachments

• 685818-P7050028.JPG
    685818-P7050028.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 305
   / New Tractor L3430
OrangeGuy
Wow, that cab makes it looks so much bigger ! I'm surprised it will handle a 90" mower, that would sure speed up my mowing. Does it handle that ok ? Do you remember how much you paid for that grill guard ? After looking at the front end I decided I better put something on it, I know I'm going to smash it in one day if I don't get something to protect it.
I have to fold down the ROPS to put it in the garage, that was one feature I really liked, the old tractor I had to take the top off to put it in the garage.
Thanks
Jim

/ New Tractor L3430 #7  
In the picture I am cutting part of my 5 acre lawn. I cut at 3 1/2" and don't let it get longer than 5" before I cut again. I can cut at 5 plus MPH. Plenty of power. The only limitation is the mower start bouncing if I go faster.

Today I cut my one acre drainage meadow. I usually cut it when the canary grass is around 8". I cut at 4 MPH, but mostly because the ground is so rough. Again plenty of power.

The grill guard came with the 723 FEL so I don't know how much it is separately.

As far as power for the 3430, mine had noticably more power after about 50 hours of break-in. It has 200 hours now and handles all of my attachments very well (90" RFM, 72" Brush hog, 72" rear snowblower, 84" rear blade, and the aforementioned 723 FEL).

OrangeGuy

/ New Tractor L3430
Thanks for the information, I will have to take a look at the new mowers. I hope this tractor is as good as my last Kubota, in 15 years all I did to it was change the seat and a bi-yearly lube job.
I was a little worried about getting the 4wd, hopefully that will be as reliable.