Oil & Fuel New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT!

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #11  
I don't understand why you didn't call your dealer first..then you could have posted on here the results and give kudos to your dealer how prompt he was in making sure you were taken care of..especially since it is new..just my thoughts.

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT!
I don't understand why you didn't call your dealer first..then you could have posted on here the results and give kudos to your dealer how prompt he was in making sure you were taken care of..especially since it is new..just my thoughts.

Wow.... ok. So I did go to my dealer and I got a "that's strange"... didn't have a clue. Do I give him kudos for that, or is there something else you'd like for me to ask him? And BTW... I haven't checked all your posts comancheflight but I sure hope you haven't posted any questions on here that a dealer could possibly have answered, as that would have been... well, awkward. And here I thought this was a forum that was for asking questions and getting answers from a much larger audience than ONE dealer, who may, or may not know what they're doing. But I take it you only ask questions here that cannot be answered by your dealer... if so, kudos to you. Do you mind if I get the number to you dealer, as they obviously know much more than mine. And thanks for that helpful reply you gave me, makes me now just want to ask questions directly of you and my dealer directly to get all the useful info I might need.

Oh, and one other thing my dealer told me when I asked if I needed to use SAE 80-90 weight when I replace the front axle oil, and I quote "you don't ever need to replace the front axle oil, it's just like the rear end axle in your car or truck" so what do you think, should I pose this as a question here, or maybe ask him again, or maybe just read the owners manual that specifically says to? I'm thinking between the dealer, you and my owners manual I'll never have to post another question to this forum... thanks.
And for the record, I told him I DO replace the rear end axle fluid on my trucks and vehicles.... just sayin.

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #14  
It's gettin' warm in here:shocked:

Anywho...my hydro fluid levels dropped about the same as yours the first day I worked the tractor when new. I added almost a full gallon to bring levels up to normal. At the 50 hour mark I drained ALL hydro fluid and refilled the front axle with hydraulic fluid again...just like the owner's manual says.
One thing to look for when greasing...a few zerks are hard to see if you don't know where they are. The owner's manual has a few blurry pictures of where to look...or you could call your dealer or comancheeflight :stirthepot:

It's gettin' warm in here:shocked:

Anywho...my hydro fluid levels dropped about the same as yours the first day I worked the tractor when new. I added almost a full gallon to bring levels up to normal. At the 50 hour mark I drained ALL hydro fluid and refilled the front axle with hydraulic fluid again...just like the owner's manual says.
One thing to look for when greasing...a few zerks are hard to see if you don't know where they are. The owner's manual has a few blurry pictures of where to look...or you could call your dealer or comancheeflight :stirthepot:

Thanks dadster4, that's good to know.

I did see where in the owners manual where it attempted to give the location of the zerks.

I guess in my original post I was just curious, plus a little surprised that after a couple hrs use the levels all seemed to be fine, but after 5-6 hrs of bush hogging and a good deal of grapple work they were down to the point of not even showing on the dipstick. I just thought perhaps I was missing some unique leak that I wasn't aware of.
Thanks again for the good info, and sorry about the rant but it was my understanding that this forum was here to ask questions of fellow owners of things that one might not be sure of, or simply didn't know. And I didn't know I needed to preface all of my questions with what my dealer had said or not said about an issue I had a question about. I have several more examples of the dealers incompetence, but I didn't feel that was relevant, plus they treated me right in the purchase so I wasn't here to bad mouth them. They are a small town dealer and don't sell a lot of these tractors, but they've been a dealer for 15 years.

And the main reason I joined this forum after lurking for a couple months is I realized there are many, many folks here that know way more than me or the dealer. Thx!

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #16  
A lot of tractors are shipped from the manufacturers with minimum fluids in them and leave it up to the dealers to top them off. Could be someone missed that.

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #17  
To the Original Poster, keep checking in and asking questions about anything you might be unsure of. There are plenty of people here with knowledge about a great many things. Some of us even know a bit about tractors.:) It sounds like your dealer could profit from asking a few questions here as well.:)

To the Original Poster, keep checking in and asking questions about anything you might be unsure of. There are plenty of people here with knowledge about a great many things. Some of us even know a bit about tractors.:) It sounds like your dealer could profit from asking a few questions here as well.:)

Thank you, much appreciated!!

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #19  
I try to always remember what my Dad used to tell me all the time (since it's Father's Day!)... None of us is as smart as all of us.

Frank

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #20  
Top up the fluids and start checking them frequently. You'll know if there is a leak soon enough. Likely it will just even out.
And yea, ask questions. After the answer you got from the dealer, i probably wouldn't be calling them again..