New tractor NX4510

/ New tractor NX4510 #11  
I very much enjoy my tractor, it has turned into my Swiss army knife. I get the trash cans with it, check the mail, etc..... It took some getting used to with the HST especially with the delay. I was used to that GST transmission with almost instant FWD and REV, plus training yourself to know that the HST pedals are not gas pedals so less is more when doing work. I miss a few of the more intuitive features that are on my Kubota like the eyelets that are on the loader for the pins when you detach it. But all in all I have ZERO regrets about my Kioti it does seem more stout in certain areas compared to my Kubota i.e the platform and handles. Dealer has been great, no issue with the couple parts I've needed. I had the complete service at 50 hours with fluids and all and it was not expensive. I have not purchased the Woodmaxx yet as I bought a backhoe and the wife was not coming off $7500 plus another $3000 for the mower, so craigslist won on the mower, but I will get the WoodMaxx 78H next. I mow my pastures every 3 months or so and its a smooth ride, even through the thick orchard grass. All in all my next tractor after this will be a Kioti when the time comes.

What Backhoe did you purchase for the NX4510, how has it performed?
Thanks.

/ New tractor NX4510 #12  
I have a few questions which I have noticed and wanted to see if were just me:

1. does anyone else have problems getting it in range, I think its because it is new but I have noticed it is easier if I press quickly on the reverse and let go.

2. Does anyone else experience lag when going from forward to reverse mine is about 2 seconds.

3. how high do your RPM's go, mine only goes to 2700 with full throttle.

4. Does anyone know of a bypass for having to put the tractor in neutral every time you get off ( I know its a safety thing but its a PTA).

Thanks in advance.
BC-

BC,

1) The range is not synchronized, stepping gently on the forward or reverse pedals and then gently slipping into gear is the way to go. Rattle the shifter once in gear to make certain the gear is gated correctly.

2) Dial the sensitivty knob up, that will remove the lag.

3) 2700 rpm is max.

4) Unplug the seat safety and jumper it with a bit of wire.

/ New tractor NX4510 #13  
Not a day goes by that when operating my NX I curse it's shifting! In addition to what Eric noted, I've found that it "helps" have the RPMs up around 1,500. Also, cranking on the steering wheel a bit (racking it back and forth) helps: if I'm in a tight space and don't want to lose ground to messing with the travel pedals I'll crank on the steering wheel a bit. Oh yeah, cursing also helps! :thumbsup: NOTE: to be fair, my Kubota can also present difficulties shifting between ranges (but it seems quicker to resolve, AND, I'm so used to it it's automatic).

Only need 2,500 RPM (PTO, and even then I, as well as others, tend to run a bit under). Your tractor should live between 1,800 and 2,500 RPM; it'll be quite happy here.

I hate the seat safety switch, but am still hesitant to disable it: I've done so on my Kubota, but that's a lot smaller tractor and it's open station (I can readily access the controls and or hop on it very easily). Not long ago I replaced the travel pedal return spring (forward one) on my NX. The tractor would tend to creep before I did this: NOT a good idea to be leaving the tractor if it's going to creep on you!

/ New tractor NX4510 #14  
Glad this old thread has been bumped, as I had forgotten about it.

I've had my NX for nearly five years, and have gradually come to terms with the seat's safety switch interlock. So only rarely do I feel the urge to disable it. :laughing: Also, experiences like DieselBound's with the travel pedal return spring give further pause. And "HST creep" can occur on most any HST tractor if debris gets in the linkage (as it did recently on my Kubota B2150HST).

But, for Eric and others of you who have jumpered the switch, I'm curious what additional functions does jumpering disable?

I also have a 2018 CK3510SE HST. Oddly, that model does not require the range selector to be in neutral in order to leave the seat with the engine running. It's only necessary that the parking brake be set.

/ New tractor NX4510 #15  
I also have a 2018 CK3510SE HST. Oddly, that model does not require the range selector to be in neutral in order to leave the seat with the engine running. It's only necessary that the parking brake be set.

I have a 2017 ck4010sehc and it doesn't even require me to set the brake to get off the seat. In gear, moving forward/reverse, PTO running.. Doesn't matter. Certainly makes some tasks super simple.