New Tractor ?'s

/ New Tractor ?'s #1  

Sumo

New Tractor ?\'s

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I just purchased about 6 acres and now the fun begins /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif about 2 acres are wooded and run down to a creek, some pretty hilly spots but not too severe. Another couple acres will probably be mowed lawn, and finally the rest of the property will be pasture for a couple horses.

Initially I was looking at blue tractors...but couldnt believe the prices for the small tractors!! I found a Kioti dealer close and was impressed with the quality and beefy, heavy, litttle tractor (ck 20) as well as the price. My only concern was the HP. I have pretty much been convinced that I need a 25 hp or so tractor. I dont want to buy and then regret a too small tractor.

Im not ready to buy now...but like to do my homework. What do you think of the CK 20 for using a FEL, bush hog, box blade, and finish mower for this property?? Would you do the turf tires or the R4's? Is the CK enough? I was thinking about 25 hp being about right?
Also, what is a decent price for this set up??

Many thanks to all the great people on this board!

Sumo (Drew)

/ New Tractor ?'s #2  
Re: New Tractor ?\'s

If your concerned about HP with the CK 20, the CK 25 and 30 should be coming out in the near future.
If you search the Kioti section I think there were some recent posts about the CK 20 and prices.

/ New Tractor ?'s #3  

please remember that the bigger the tractor, the less room you will have to get around in all those trees. The CK 20 tractor and KL 120 loader is a good choice. If you decide that a larger machine is what you need, be sure to get a loader that will disconect easily. It is amazing at how much "room" you get just by removing the loader.

/ New Tractor ?'s #4  

Hi. I bought a CK 20 HST about 3 weeks ago and have just over 30 hours so far. I have a lot of trees and this tractor can get around in them pretty well with FEL and a box, boom pole or mower on the back. Anything larger would be hard for me to maneuver here. The tractor has moved 8 foot long, thick pines, front loader has been amazing, bush hogging has been a snap. All in all, I'm VERY happy with the CK20. As for tires, I have the R4s and except in wet ground, they have not harmed my grassy areas. Parts of my property, which borders a creek, are fairly low and the tractor will leave prints, but turfs would do so also. The amount of lug on an R4, to me, is just right. The CKs 25 and 30 are being shown now at trade shows and should be in dealers soon, so if you don't want the 21 HP CK20HST, wait on the others, but you can't go wrong with this Kioti. It's tough, strong and does most everything I need. John

/ New Tractor ?'s #5  

I have almost the exact layout as you. Just 1 extra acre. I bought the turfs because I didn't want to take a chance of tearing up "MY WIFES" lawn. They work fine. They will grind up the grass a little bit if you turn very sharp. I don't know about the r4's but I'd think they'd be a bit worse. I haven't had traction problems yet with mine. They work fine in the snow and in the muddy lowspots around my creek running out of the pond.

Paul