new tractor thoughts

/ new tractor thoughts
im just wanting to replace my 600 , this is why im trying to talk to a dealer, i want to be able to use my old implements , if a smaller tractor will replace my ford i would be happy to buy it , im thinking it going to take a 40 hp tractor , i do know that a 3535 mahindra looks like it can handle , but then again im just going on asumptions , and that will get me in trouble

/ new tractor thoughts #12  
Buy from who you feel comfortable with and then have the warranty work done wherever? My ranch is 5 hours away from me. I plan to buy close to here but look at who is close to THERE for the warranty work.

R

/ new tractor thoughts
that is what i plan to do , the reason for my post was just to rant about the lack of service .
now another thought just crossed my mind, if the first dealer is like that who knows when or if he will be open in say a year or so, and if his parts guy and sales guy both told me lies on stuff im buying from him , at my full cost, then how can i trust him to tell me the truth , when it comes to warranty work .

/ new tractor thoughts #14  
Go to a Dealer you can trust, chances are that will be the last time it see's one.

/ new tractor thoughts #15  
that is what i plan to do , the reason for my post was just to rant about the lack of service .
now another thought just crossed my mind, if the first dealer is like that who knows when or if he will be open in say a year or so, and if his parts guy and sales guy both told me lies on stuff im buying from him , at my full cost, then how can i trust him to tell me the truth , when it comes to warranty work .

Why not buy the tractor where you feel comfortable and if and when you need service or repairs, figure that out when the time comes? I bought my used tractor 125 miles away from me. If I need repairs, I guess I load it up and haul it there. If you don't have a trailer, rent one. I did for $55.00 for the day.

It's good that your taking service and dealer relationships into account but I hate to see it take away from your main focus, buying a tractor.

/ new tractor thoughts
i was expecting some frustration when i started this , but i never expected this nightmare, murphy 1244 , we are talking about a lot of money i will not roll the dice on this , if it wasn't $20,000 plus i might be less worried but i have a tractor that i rolled the dice on i s end way to much time working on this one, and the only thing i want to turn on the next tractor is a key lol, i have wasted all the nice weather last week working on this old tractor , and it doesn't have any modern upgrades like say power steering, ( witch is important now that i have had a stroke), i guess i just need to accept it that this world has turned in to self serv. lol

/ new tractor thoughts #17  
i was expecting some frustration when i started this , but i never expected this nightmare, murphy 1244 , we are talking about a lot of money i will not roll the dice on this , if it wasn't $20,000 plus i might be less worried but i have a tractor that i rolled the dice on i s end way to much time working on this one, and the only thing i want to turn on the next tractor is a key lol, i have wasted all the nice weather last week working on this old tractor , and it doesn't have any modern upgrades like say power steering, ( witch is important now that i have had a stroke), i guess i just need to accept it that this world has turned in to self serv. lol

$20,000.00 or more is a lot of money and I can appreciate your concern on pricing. If your buying new, why the concern of breakdowns? If your buying a tractor expecting repair work, then your probably looking at the wrong tractor?...

/ new tractor thoughts #18  
I too can appreciate your concern about spending that much. I was looking to spend not quite half that amount and had the willies about it. Hadn't dealt with dealers before, had always bought the few I had from auctions or privately and not near that amount. Having the wife's support for it helped too (she liked new, not someone elses problems and 5 yr. warranty). But, having said that I did my research about what would work for me and talked to a few dealers near me and got a quote from another (ask for quotes from others but got no response). I ended up with the local newer, but growing, Mahindra dealer about 10 miles away, that wanted to sell a tractor and was willing to make it happen. Stopped to see them on a Friday and had the tractor the following Weds at my place. The sales guy was more my age and had worked at a local Kubota dealer for many years and knew SCUTs and CUTs. He didn't waste my time with any sales BS when I told him pretty much what I wanted and why and that I wasn't a new tractor owner and we moved on from there. Also alerted me to a pretty good rebate deal they had on some accessories that I could make use of.

When you are comfortable make the move, I doubt you will regret it. World of difference from my old Ford Ns, everything actually works, it starts right up and the FEL has been really handy already. Good luck with it!

/ new tractor thoughts #19  
At some point you have to put on your big boy pants and make a decision. If a dealer lied to me for what ever reason I would move on and never give him a second thought. I was looking and getting pricing from dealers from Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas and Illinois. The distance never concerned me. After all, if it's under warranty then any dealer has to work on it. I bought from a dealer 80 miles away and had the tractor delivered. There was probably 10 dealers closer.