New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun?

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #31  
No tractor should go to the scrap iron pile. Someone wants/needs parts of it.

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #32  
I finally figured out my Ryobi cordless chainsaw with Li-Ion batteries is sufficient to hack up fallen apple trees in the orchard, because if the tree fell over or shed a major limb then I only need to cut rotten punky wood to get the debris down to mangeable size. No more 2-cycle fuel to maintain! I got rid of the gas chainsaw 5 years ago, haven't missed it.

I didn't know they made one. I had been thinking of getting a small, lightweight gas one for those quickie jobs but this sounds like a better deal.
I like the fact that Ryobi batteries are interchangeable between new and older style equipment. One charger, one type battery...sure does cut down on shop clutter.

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #33  
If I owned that Kubota,,, and the 2N,,,
the very next thing I would use the Kubota for would be to push the 2N onto the scrapmans truck.
I like old tractors, but, live hydraulic flow is now a minimum standard for me,,,
I have one tractor without a live PTO,,, when I find a replacement,,, that one will be G O N E !!

That Kubota is the perfect size tractor,,, IMHO :thumbsup:

Me too. I'm working out the details of live hydraulics. I already installed an overrunning clutch on the PTO. My long term is get it running (it does) and working with a 20 ft paint job and use it to step up to the next level but staying with small tractors. I do like old iron though so no scrapping here.

I live on a hill so a Trycycle won't be up here ever. And prob not a green tractor but the sound of a hit n miss sure is nice.

Eventually maybe run across a MF 35 someday.

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #34  
Me too. I'm working out the details of live hydraulics. I already installed an overrunning clutch on the PTO. My long term is get it running (it does) and working with a 20 ft paint job and use it to step up to the next level but staying with small tractors. I do like old iron though so no scrapping here.

I live on a hill so a Trycycle won't be up here ever. And prob not a green tractor but the sound of a hit n miss sure is nice.

Eventually maybe run across a MF 35 someday.

Thank you!!!.

If you can find them, a 135 or 235 are much better equipped tractors and comparatively they don't command that much more money. Post some pics when you get the little Ford all dressed up for market!!!! :)

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #35  
I rebuilt the '52 8N last year and it has at least double the HP it use to have. It was worn slap out. I use it with the 5' finishing mower. I like running the Kubota but....there is something about bringing old iron back to life. It still has a sweet sound for me. :)

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #36  
I like the old Masseys. I am slooowly working on one when my hands aren't hurting.

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #37  
She might not be a Queen yet Murph, but she's definitely a Princess!!!!!! Straight ole tractor!!!!

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #38  
I didn't know they made one. I had been thinking of getting a small, lightweight gas one for those quickie jobs but this sounds like a better deal.
I like the fact that Ryobi batteries are interchangeable between new and older style equipment. One charger, one type battery...sure does cut down on shop clutter.

They also make a hydraulic chainsaw but I think they're expensive and the hoses are aggravating but it is lightweight and powerful.

I have had zero luck with Ryobi batteries. I just threw away a five piece Ryobi set because I got tired of constantly buying batteries for it.

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #39  
I have had zero luck with Ryobi batteries.
Nicad or Li-Ion? I agree the Nicads become useless after a short while.

I added a tool that came with a Li-Ion battery and its charger and the improvement is night/day. I now have 5 Li-Ion batteries and two chargers for them. These new batteries fit my old Ryobi tools so I use them exclusively and got rid of the old Nicads with their charger.

The Li-Ion batteries are priced reasonably if you buy them in a combo kit with a tool you need.

Link: a post I made with a photo of the Ryobi new-series impact driver in use:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/346665-ryobi-battery-tools.html#post4267841

/ New Tractors Versus Old Tractors--Who has the most fun? #40  
I've heard a guy with a tree service say that his crew fights over his new Husqvarna battery operated saws. I don't know the details of what he's got other than that it's high voltage, like 40 or more, lightweight, built fit commercial use, and not cheaper than a light gas model. They are almost silent, not stinky, won't dump gasoline on you, and don't have a rope to yank.

For me it could never replace a gas saw, but I'd love to own one. Of course, it's a chainsaw, so that right there is a good enough reason for me to want one. :)