New "transfer pump" (fuel pump)

/ New "transfer pump" (fuel pump)
Re: New \"transfer pump\" (fuel pump)

Wish so, but the old pump didn't have one, and when I got the NEW pump, it came in sealed bag (with no gasket.. maybe if one exits, it comes with the TUBING, rather than pump??)

My hopes are raised though with the independent voices here suggesting their expectation that some form of O ring should be there. That suggests a 50 cent fix /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aint NUTHEN on these beasts you can fix for 50 cents.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New "transfer pump" (fuel pump) #12  

<font color="blue">Aint NUTHEN on these beasts you can fix for 50 cents... </font>

Hey Richard...

Look at all the fun you're having though... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ya gotta admit... you are many miles closer to resolving your original elusive problem... and you did it all YOURSELF...! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New "transfer pump" (fuel pump) #13  

Richard,
My suggestion is as per my first post. If it isn't a flare fitting and the new pump still leaks: replace the fuel line.

Bill

Just got return call from dealer.. seems there is in fact, some kind of ferul that goes on the tip of the line. He happened to have 2 in stock, I happen to have 1 inlet and 1 outlet, so told him to put my name on them.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Be nice if I didn't have to drive 50 miles round trip for $2.00 worth of feruls. and THAT is just to get back to work... to continue on home, it's another 25 miles.

sigh... what we wont do for our addictions

Yes John, you are correct, and I appreciate very much, everyone's input here.

I suppose dealer would have found problem in 10 minutes (and ?? $$$). Alas, but I now have the LIFETIME lesson of understanding the fuel return line ought to really be FULL of fuel flowing back to tank in nice big circle. If/when that flow is substantially slowed down, you might start to look for issues BEFORE it dies on you.

/ New "transfer pump" (fuel pump) #16  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I see NO sign of "O" ring, or grommet in the OLD pump, but I am currently on hold with the dealer and his gut feeling was, I DO need one. )</font>

I know this is after the fact, but for future reference, you probably have some type of Weatherhead double angle compression fitting and the bulge or ferrule can usually be obtained at a local hardware or auto parts store. Just mic the o.d. of the tube and ask a counterperson for that size. The old one will probably be siezed on the tube so take an abrasive wheel or a razor saw and carefully cut it off. The o.d. of the tube will always be in a fraction i.e.-1/8" (0.125). Before screwing the compression nut to the pump body, apply a good anerobic sealant to the threads and don't overtorque the compression nut. Teflon tape is a no-no. fragment can get into the injection system and screw it up. Tolerances on injection pumps and injectors are in 10ths of an inch and the tape will put the kabosh to your tractor.

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.