New Ventrac Videos on YouTube

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #11  
BKB,
For the Samurai to work best you need to supply oil continuously through a power beyond valve. The standard Ventrac hydraulic valves do not have power beyond capability. Even though you could hook up the hydraulic motor through a standard valve you would have to hold the lever open all the time. This would result in overheating the oil due to the small openings in the valve spools. These valves were meant to be used on a momentary, not continuous, basis. I don't recommend you try it that way.

For a brief period of time an independent manufacturer in Ohio built a sickle bar mower specifically for Ventrac, but they are no longer doing that. See photo. Recently a used machine was for sale by Medina Tractor in Medina, OH. I don't know if they still have it.

Attachments

• VT Sickle Bar Mower.jpg
    VT Sickle Bar Mower.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,256
   / New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #12  
Thanks Jack, I would plan to get the power beyond valve (would just need to find another way to mount it). I'll see what I can find out about the sicle bar !
BKB,
For the Samurai to work best you need to supply oil continuously through a power beyond valve. The standard Ventrac hydraulic valves do not have power beyond capability. Even though you could hook up the hydraulic motor through a standard valve you would have to hold the lever open all the time. This would result in overheating the oil due to the small openings in the valve spools. These valves were meant to be used on a momentary, not continuous, basis. I don't recommend you try it that way.

For a brief period of time an independent manufacturer in Ohio built a sickle bar mower specifically for Ventrac, but they are no longer doing that. See photo. Recently a used machine was for sale by Medina Tractor in Medina, OH. I don't know if they still have it.

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #13  
BKB,
Slight misunderstanding. There is no power beyond valve on a Ventrac tractor. It is on the Ventrac Loader. Thus you have to have the Loader in order to mount and power the Samurai.

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #14  
SO - it would not be possible to order the valve without getting the whole FEL ??
I doubt that I would have much use for the FEL, and I haven't checked on the proce, but I'm sure it would not be inexpensive. THANKS !
BKB,
Slight misunderstanding. There is no power beyond valve on a Ventrac tractor. It is on the Ventrac Loader. Thus you have to have the Loader in order to mount and power the Samurai.

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #15  
Thanks Jack,

Where did you get the one in the picture ???

Thanks again,

Bruce

BKB,

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #16  
Bruce,

I do not own the sickle bar mower shown in the photo. I do not recall where I got the photo--it was a long time ago. I have recently checked and learned that the mower was made by a third party in Ohio, but it is no longer available.

JackIL

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #17  
Thanks Jack,

I have contacted Dustin and they are thinking about making one !

Bruce

/ New Ventrac Videos on YouTube #18  
Thanks Jack,

I have contacted Dustin and they are thinking about making one !

Bruce

While there at it they should try to make a screw style log splitter attachment and possibly a hydraulic log splitter as well...I'm going to build a screw type splitter myself,it will make prepping the wood supply much easier...