New warranty BX seat!

/ New warranty BX seat! #21  
fiddler kelly said:
I CHECKED WITH MY DEALER ON THE B2630 MODEL THAT I HAVE AND WAS TOLD THEY NEVER HEARD ANYTHING SO I THEN CALLED KUBOTA AND THEY SAY IT APPLIES TO ONLY THE BX24 SERIES.

Weird???

"Originally Posted by BX2230_Lockport
Excatly what BX's are we referring to? My BX2230 hurts my back after a while. Are they contenders or is it only the BX2350, BX24's that are eligible?

This covers BX 2230s. That's what I have, and got the new seat about two weeks ago for my new (to me) dealer. The seats are fantastic. It feels like a whole new, comfortable tractor."

/ New warranty BX seat! #22  
Taiser said:
Went to the dealer today and told him of this. He did not have a clue about any of this. Nothing in his data base either. He's got some calls into Kubota Canada to see what's up. Not too encouraged here :( !

I'm in the same boat. Keep in mind this is "not a warrenty recall" only a service document. Only those that complain may get service. My dealer has a call in as well. I'm thinking this will go like my seat retention bracket repair did(1 year later).

/ New warranty BX seat! #23  
I cheked my seat after reading lastest messages and seeing pics ,this is the seat that is on mine , I bought this in 2006 bx2603 model with the fel and bh attached.

Does anyone recognize this as the new replacement seat . I also have a pic of the serial number on the bottom of the seat.

One picture shows the mechanism under the seat so as you can compare it with the one you are wanting replaced. Does it look like any one of yours?

Attachments

• P7130659.JPG
    P7130659.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,218
  • P7130660.JPG
    P7130660.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 830
  • P7130661.JPG
    P7130661.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 709
  • P7130664.JPG
    P7130664.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 679
   / New warranty BX seat! #24  
fiddler kelly said:
Does anyone recognize this as the new replacement seat
You've got the old seat, friend.

/ New warranty BX seat! #25  
fiddler kelly said:
I CHECKED WITH MY DEALER ON THE B2630 MODEL THAT I HAVE AND WAS TOLD THEY NEVER HEARD ANYTHING SO I THEN CALLED KUBOTA AND THEY SAY IT APPLIES TO ONLY THE BX24 SERIES.

:spoon:

This has been posted all over this forum....

Here's the PIB again..... :tiphat:

Attachments

• PIB-2007-027_05_08_2007.pdf
    480.1 KB · Views: 1,745
   / New warranty BX seat! #26  
crbr said:
:spoon:

This has been posted all over this forum....

Here's the PIB again..... :tiphat:

So, does this mean I get a new one if I take it in and complain?

It sounds like it's a running change or did I misread it?

Phil

/ New warranty BX seat! #27  
I got my new BX2350 last week and with out knowing about the seat my dealer told me that new seats were coming in next month and he will bring it out and install it at no charge and see if I like it beter than the one it came with. he also told me that dealers need to get these ordered soon or they will loose out on the cheep price. but again he said it will not cost me a thing. He told me that he ordered seats in for every one he has sold a tractor this year or has not liked the seat it came with.

/ New warranty BX seat!
You don't have to complain. I don't get why people think that. I simply called my dealer and asked if the new seat was in, they said yes, bring in the old along with the serial number and hours. Done deal. No complaining, just a simple swap at the counter.

Kubota is offering to replace your seat in lieu of the somewhat crappy one that was on the tractor, and as the bulletin says turns it into a positive feature. Get one while you can.

/ New warranty BX seat! #29  
Musclford said:
So, does this mean I get a new one if I take it in and complain?

It sounds like it's a running change or did I misread it?

Phil
No Sir. It is a retrofit service that is coming to you. I have called the local dealer here, and they are going to call me back when their supply comes in. This PIB service is part of your tractor.

It amazes me from all that I read here about certain dealers not having a clue about this PIB.

Good luck and be patient my friend.

Worse case scenario is the Messingers has these seats for $38 + shipping (while supplies last). If not for having to get other service warranty work on my machine, I'd order it and have it sent to my front door. I can't take mine to the shop for $38 (diesel fuel, time, wear and tear on the truck).

/ New warranty BX seat! #30  
I posted some pics of the seat on my b2630 model on this page., is the old seat of the bx24 the same as mine and if so you would think the replacement policy would applied to the seat on mine.