New woods trailer for our RTV...

/ New woods trailer for our RTV...
Finally got myself, the trailer, the neighbor and his welder (now a Miller 211) in the same place at the same time to put a new tongue on the trailer.
We cut the old one off in two pieces with a torch and built a new one from 3"x3" 3/16" square tubing.
The next morning, we loaded the trailer with 18-20 bales of hay and put another 18-20 bales on the RTV to get hay down to the barn for the animals. Worked well.
IMAG0069.jpg IMAG0070.jpg

Aaron Z

/ New woods trailer for our RTV... #22  
:thumbsup:

Had a friend give me a couple of IBC totes (originally had food safe soap in them) and they fit perfectly inside the trailer. Should be just right to put a pump in front of the trailer and they should sit level behind the RTV once I get new(er) wider tires installed on the rims.
IMAG0225 (Custom).jpg

Methinks that the RTV could use some mud flaps:
IMAG0226 (Custom).jpg

Aaron Z

/ New woods trailer for our RTV... #24  
I almost made the same mistake with the tongue you made but a fellow jeep friend pointed it out before I welded. Ended up running the tongue to the first cross member with gussets. It's all scrap metal and a new Northern axle. I beat the snot out of it with wood and sand no problems.

I almost made the same mistake with the tongue you made but a fellow jeep friend pointed it out before I welded. Ended up running the tongue to the first cross member with gussets. It's all scrap metal and a new Northern axle. I beat the snot out of it with wood and sand no problems.
Nice trailer. How have the lights held up being so exposed?

Aaron Z

/ New woods trailer for our RTV... #26  
Nice trailer. How have the lights held up being so exposed?

Aaron Z

Surprisingly enough they're ok. But if I had to do it again I wouldn't use them. I made a snowmobile trailer for a friend recently and found skinny length led lights that were much easier to install and a lot less susceptible to being ripped off. These square ones... It's only a matter of time.

/ New woods trailer for our RTV... #27  

I love to see an RTV with trailer in their working clothes!!

/ New woods trailer for our RTV... #28  

I love to see an RTV with trailer in their working clothes!!

I should've pointed out I originally made this to haul wood out of the woods with my jeep. The jeep is sitting in half. Chassis in one place body in another. So this trailer has only been used with an RTV through the woods :)

Had a friend give me a couple of IBC totes (originally had food safe soap in them) and they fit perfectly inside the trailer. Should be just right to put a pump in front of the trailer and they should sit level behind the RTV once I get new(er) wider tires installed on the rims.
View attachment 369521
And an update with the new (to me) tires mounted on the trailer:
IMAG0444.jpgIMAG0445.jpg
I cleaned up the rims, primed them and then painted them Kubota ROPS grey before I had the tires/tubes mounted.

Aaron Z