New workbench

/ New workbench #11  
sixdogs, nice looking bench. I too say to add electrical outlets and air chucks before you get the clutter started.

Speaking of clutter. For a 9 yr old shop you've done better than most of us. It sure looks clean and spacious to be that old. With most of us, the more room we have the more "stuff" we can put in it, eventually not having room to work.

/ New workbench #12  
IMG00939-20130306-2007.jpg Just thought I would show what I have done with junk from scrap yard.. cabinets were from hospital, total cost of everything has been about $100. It pays to search the junkpile.

/ New workbench #13  
Here is the first, unfinished.

image-2878783880.jpg

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ New workbench
sixdogs, nice looking bench. I too say to add electrical outlets and air chucks before you get the clutter started.

Speaking of clutter. For a 9 yr old shop you've done better than most of us. It sure looks clean and spacious to be that old. With most of us, the more room we have the more "stuff" we can put in it, eventually not having room to work.

The junk and clutter is the other direction in the photo. It's there--you just can't see it.
Maybe I'll snap an "after" photo. :D

/ New workbench #15  
OK, here is #2. This one may see some drawers or pull out tray at some future point.

image-3780680210.jpg

/ New workbench #16  
Well I managed to remember to whip out the phone & snapped a couple of the work bench style I build.

Clickable Thumbnails.

"WORKING side of the bench with ~3" overhang to clamp stuff too.

Front Corner detail under all the JUNK.

Other Side front corner detail with Legs & Shelf assembly details.

Back Side Corner Detail W shelf.

takes about 9 2x4's and sheet of MDF/Melamine/SOLID Core Plywood (your choice but no OSB for Bench.)
I figured ways to make it with almost no scrap but never wrote it down when I was making half dozen for a big basement work shop. Should have kept that cut list lol. note there are 4 or so cross braces under the top and shelf that you might be able to see the screws for on the runners under the shelf. I also used PL400 Construction Adhesive on ALL the joints and under the top & shelf.

Mark

/ New workbench #17  
Here's today's. Decided to use "scrap" 3/4 ply in the corner where drill press, no sense cutting a new sheet.
MDF melamine over the fridge was left from the other 2 benches.

image-380136028.jpg

/ New workbench #18  
There is no such thing as "junk" in a work shop. It should be refered to as presently underutilized project stock.

/ New workbench #19  
There is no such thing as "junk" in a work shop. It should be refered to as presently underutilized project stock.

"Other miscellaneous undesignated material"

"Junk" is the stuff you throw away.
"Stuff" is the junk you keep.