New XR4155HC on its way!

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #1  

Cataclysm

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS4155HC
Just got word this afternoon that my new tractor is supposed to arrive at the dealer tomorrow afternoon!

He said it shouldn't take too long to prep it out so maybe I can play. . . I mean work it this weekend

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #2  
Just got word this afternoon that my new tractor is supposed to arrive at the dealer tomorrow afternoon! He said it shouldn't take too long to prep it out so maybe I can play. . . I mean work it this weekend

Congratulations! I am very interested in getting a new LS tractor, and am considering either a XR4040, or possibly ordering an XR4155, which is what I'd really like - both options would be without a cab, and not hydrostatic, in the interest of keeping the cost down. My main use for the tractor will be feeding large round bales of hay to my cattle, as well as bush hogging, driveway scraping, etc. What do you see the 4155 doing better than the 4040, and what have you found to be good prices for those models? Does $20k for the 4040 and $26k for the 4155 sound about right? If that is the case, is the 4155 worth $6k more? Would the 4155 be any different/better for moving hay, or would I notice the difference more in cutting heavy brush? Thanks!

/ New XR4155HC on its way!
CC,
Thanks!! While there are lots of variables, the 4155 will run a bigger hog and cut heavy brush better. I think you would definitely notice the 15hp difference even though they are both the same basic size and weight.

What I think you would notice even more is how much smoother and quieter the 4100 series 3 cylinder turbo is versus the 4000 series non turbo 4 cylinder. I sat in both cabbed machines and ran the motor at about 2200 rpms after everything was warmed up. The 4100 series was much, much quieter, enough so that a phone conversation would be easy. In the 4040, not so much. If you are at elevation the turbo motor will maintain power better.

Price wise from what I have seen the $20K 4040 seems like a decent deal. I think the 4040 is about $22k around here. For the $6k more you are getting the newer 4100 series, 15 more hp, and 50hr regen instead of 5hr or so. I think a big part of that price is the 15hp. Maybe a good compromise would be a 4140?

Got a call from my dealer today!!! I went and picked up my tractor this afternoon!

Delivery went smooth and easy with Chris at wrightstractor.com.

He took a few minutes during delivery and we went over the tractor together. Ive been around tractors my whole life but had never owned a HST.

As soon as we got it off the trailer I hooked the big 8' flail up and hit some brushy pasture. This tractor is flat out silly powerful. No bogging at all mowing 2' tall grass with 4' tall brush mixed in.

Last edited:
   / New XR4155HC on its way! #5  
6k worth of emission control equipment is the price we pay for California clean air

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #6  
Here's an update on the 4155HC.

Rainy, chilly winday day so I fired up the tractor moved a couple of dirt piles with the FEL. I left the 1k lb plus flail on for ballast.

Ive always had gear tractors so I wanted to see how powerful the HST was working the loader.

I was able to run in M pushing into the semi compacted piles. In the M range and in 4WD it would push hard enough to just barely spin the tires. It worked really well at limiting spinning the tires needlessly yet being able to load a heaping bucket.

I started out at about 1500rpm and worked my way up to about 2000rpm while working.

Maneuvering and traveling with a heaping bucket of wet dirt and gravel the 4155 felt nice and stable.

The hydraulics are pretty smooth on this tractor and very powerful. I was easily able to blade out the dirt and rock that I was moving.

Ive been slow to drink the HST kool-aid but I can see where it along with the good hydraulics are going to work fast and accurate together.

After the dirt work was finished I went down to an overgrown pasture and ran the flail mower a while. The pasture was rough in places and it was nice to be able to easily regulate ground speed. In a few smoother sections I was able to try out the cruise control. It held the ground speed with no issue and gave my foot a break from the HST pedal.

I also did my 1st mod which was to weld 3 chain hooks to the top of the bucket.

Spent the morning running the 8' flail mower reclaiming a pasture. I tan it through 4' grass, weeds, briars and blackberry. The LS never missed a beat and never bogged down.

I got into some boggy ground and the big R4 tires kept me on top and moving forward. I did have to put it in front wheel assist a couple of times.

Here's the latest on the LS4155HC for those that may be researching LS Tractors. I took the listed paint code to the local Sherwin Wiliams store and had them mix up a quart to see how well it matched my tractor. Here are the results after drying for 24hrs. You can pan the chip around and depending on the light it will be lighter, just right or darker than the tractor. Looks like the perfect match to me.

Here's the paint code.

As time permits I am going to start painting the implements that I have been getting off craigslist to match my LS Tractor.

Scored this nifty set of brand new, unused teeth at a farm sale for $200. Had to cut 1 5/8" off each end of the plate and reweld the end shanks to make them fit. I know the end shanks are supposed to straddle the side plate on the bucket but it fits my bucket better this way and works perfect.