New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #11  
Dan,

I have been looking at Deeres and would also be concerned about the metal hydro lines under the operator platform being pierced or damaged by brush, especially since I had a log come up underneath my operator platform and crumple the whole thing upward.

Included amongst the armor features is metal shielding that goes around these hydro lines in a box shape. Saw it right in the dealer's book of new marketing announcements. You can buy this hydro line shield separately. If I owned a Deere, I would purchase this. Small insurance against a major field failure.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by glennmac on 07/06/01 11:57 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #13  
Larry,

I havent yet, but I will. I asked the dealer whether the box is compatible with a belly mower. He said he'd check w Deere on Monday and get back to me. When he does, I'll ask him the price and post it here.

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #14  
Glennmac,

Thanks for the info. I was talking to the dealer a few months ago specifically about the armor kit and I don't remember him saying anything about protecting the hydro lines. I do know we were talking price and for what I would get for the dollar, the kit was not worth the purchase. Maybe the hydro line protection was available but I would have to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need to get it. I remember we were going to wait awhile and check to see if there where individual part numbers so I could order what I specifically wanted. But that might have cost to much as well......

JD's market for the kit seems to be the rental yards. They seem to be more worried about things falling on the top of the tractor where as I'm more concerned with things getting ripped from underneath. I can see stuff ABOVE the tractor but its danged hard to see whats underneath.....

Next time I'm at the dealer I'll talk to him about the kit.

Thanks for the info!
Dan

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #15  
I assume you are referring to the SCV line guard part # LVB25103. See picture. John Deeres configuration web page has a list price of $69. Seems reasonable enough to me. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-29930-MJBTractor.gif

I love the smell of diesel in the morning. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 11-55326-SCVskidplate.gif
    11-55326-SCVskidplate.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 187
   / New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #16  
Thanks MJB,

Yeah, looks/sounds reasonable to me, too, considering what you'd be up against if you had damage in this area.

I was "creeping" around under my 4700, thinking about making a bolt-on skid-plate (1/4"?) (3/8"?) covering as much as practical of the undercarriage. Looks feasible, I think.(and would add some low-center-of-gravity weight, too, for a little help with stability.)

Thoughts, anyone? /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Larry

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #17  
Yes, that's the one I saw in the dealer manual. Cheap insurance. Let's see, what's $69 less the normal Deere 30% discount we get here in CT ....

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #18  
30% discount???!!!

CT isn't that far from me:) All the local dealers charge MSRP or more!

Matthew (who hopes that you aren't kidding)