New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #1  

marcinzk

Tractor
Yanmar 2002
Hi all, I've been lurking on these threads for the better part of a month and because of what I've read ended up buying used Yanmar 2002 with a FEL from a private party.

So I've managed to change the oil, oil filter, air filter and the fuel filter. Since I'm still waiting on the hydraulic filter I have not changed the tranny/hydraulic fluid. Is there any other maintenance I should do before I turn the tractor loose on our property?

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #2  
Grease all fittings & make sure all the bolts are tight even on the FEL. I have read where the FEL bolts work loose/ come out & cause the frame to break

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #3  
kenmac said:
Grease all fittings & make sure all the bolts are tight even on the FEL. I have read where the FEL bolts work loose/ come out & cause the frame to break

While working on my 1610 this month I dropped a bolt and had to fish it out of the plate that FEL attaches to on side of the tractor. This is about the middle of the tractor right under the fuel tank area. While I was fishing for the bolt I noticed that not one but 2 bolts where missing on the right side of the bracket that supports the FEL. These are large bolts about 1/2 or so in diameter. I replaced both of them with some grade 8 bolts I got at work. My point is that I know those bolts where there a few weeks ago and I guess they fell out and I never knew it. Thank God I did not lift a heavy load with the FEL and make a turn down hill to the right. I could see the whole assembly flexing and coming apart, and who know what that might have done.

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #4  
use a good grade of locktite & they shouldn't fall back out

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #5  
Welcome to a great group of folks. Check your radiator to see if it is clean. I am talking about the fins on the outside. Use a light hose spray to clean and possibly a light cleaner first to loosen dirt. I had a over heating problem when I received my tractor. The cleaning solved that. Also, keep the prescreen clean on a regular basis. Again, Welcome.

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #6  
Hi guys. this is my first post. You might make sure and run a 25% anti-freeze mix in your radiator. This will prevent overheating also.Check all your hoses and belts is another good idea. Sam

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #7  
NTexSam, Welcome to TBN. This is a great forum of info and help. Join right in.

Mike

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use
Thanks for all the suggestions! Oh and Mike - dzieki i pozdrowienia z Teksasu!

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #9  
Another thing you might want to check is your tyre pressure, or you might have done so allready ;)

/ New Yanmar 2002 Owner, maintence tips before putting it to use #10  
Marcin,

Nie uwazalem swojego imiennia ale teraz to jasne.:eek: Thanks for the greetings and zajemnie.

Mike