Newbie from Nevada-soon to Cambridge Idaho on 175 acres! Need advise!

/ Newbie from Nevada-soon to Cambridge Idaho on 175 acres! Need advise! #1  

RUMBLON

Silver Member
Hello from another new guy. I wanted to say hi and seek info on tractor, ect. I live in Northern Nevada on 2 1/2 acres. I do not currently have a tractor but owned a ratHer large David Brown diesel at one time, which I sold a little over two years ago because I thought I was moving to my Idaho property, where I will need a 4x4 tractor. The David Brown was nice but im moving to an area where I have hills, mud, ponds and the 4x4 is a must. I will need to do everything from manage pens, corals, to building roads and want something to do it all. However the same tractor that I will need for the large stuff probably will not work for the closed in barn areas for my wifes use..

Basically I have to build a ranch. So whats best, buy an older case backhoe and maybe a small tractor for the wife? Or is there something in between. I have 2 1/2 years before making the move but could use something while on trips up there to help out. I have a pole barn on the property that I have to finish, so taking a tractor up there on trips is something I can consider.

In any case, I am here to learn and in this economy money is hard to come by. Like most out west my home is worth half of what it was and no $$$ is ever coming out of a sale. So I own the property out right up North and everything I do out of pocket. I own some Hotrods, Mopars, Cudas ect and will be selling off cars to help take care of my tractor needs, as I wont have a lot of use for all my hortods on the backroads of Cambridge Idaho.

This tractor will be my one big purchase prior to leaving, so I need to be schooled.

Hello and its time to start reading this website.

RUMBLON.

/ Newbie from Nevada-soon to Cambridge Idaho on 175 acres! Need advise! #2  
Hello RUMBLON, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ Newbie from Nevada-soon to Cambridge Idaho on 175 acres! Need advise! #3  
Welcome to TBN!!! Maybe try being more detailed on the uses for your future piece of equipment and post a thread in the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons section. :thumbsup:

/ Newbie from Nevada-soon to Cambridge Idaho on 175 acres! Need advise!
Welcome to TBN!!! Maybe try being more detailed on the uses for your future piece of equipment and post a thread in the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons section. :thumbsup:

thanks for the advise. And I have 175 acres to develop. I am thinking I just need a backhoe for me and something smaller for the wife when it comes to the animals, around the barns, ect.

RUMBLON