newbie... Lost my key to NH TC30

/ newbie... Lost my key to NH TC30 #1  

Farm.E.R

My tractor is in Utah in storage... I am in NV. I am driving there tomorrow... but I lost the key and I have to move it. I don't know the serial number to purchase the right key before I get there.

What is a "smart" procedure for removing the key switch to start the tractor?

After that I will purchase a new key switch... and get a couple of extra keys!

Eric, farmER

New Holland TC30, 710 Loader

/ newbie... Lost my key to NH TC30 #2  
If they are like john deere, then the keys arent for individual tractors like a car key would be. You should just be able to go by a dealer and buy a key with little hassle. i.e. that key would start any tractor of the same model.

/ newbie... Lost my key to NH TC30 #3  
I have a TC30 and the same key worked all of the same model on the lot. They may change the keys from year to year, but they appeared to me to be pretty standard.

Call the dealer and ask.

Roy

/ newbie... Lost my key to NH TC30 #4  
I bought a 2001 JD 790 last year from a private individual who only had one key to go with it. While at a JD dealer a couple months ago buying a disc harrow, I got a freebie key for a spare and it fits/cranks it perfect. Sounds like the TC series are like that too. If so, just stop by a New Holland dealer and see if you can get another key....

/ newbie... Lost my key to NH TC30 #5  
As everyone else has said, the key for your TC30 is NH generic / universal.
A few years ago I wanted some extra keys for my TC35D. I wanted the ones with the weatherproof rubber boot on them.
The parts manager at my NH dealership just grabbed a couple of them, out of a big box full of them. I believe they were $5.00 each

/ newbie... Lost my key to NH TC30 #6  
a med flat blade screwdriver giggled into the key slot will start my TC33. I resorted to this early on when i had left my key at the house over an hr away (one way) when i first got my tractor.