Newbie seeks Wisdom and Basic ground rules

/ Newbie seeks Wisdom and Basic ground rules #21  
I 2nd that!
With the rolling hills that we have here in the Bluegrass, I;
a). always attempt to go either straight up or straight down them,
&
b). have the FEL ready as stabilizing arm just in case.

A couple of times I have had to set the FEL down, turn off the tractor, put on the parking brake, and, gingerly, stepped off the tractor wondering "this is another fine mess that you've gotten yourself into", and trying to figure out how to safely get myself out of the jam!

/ Newbie seeks Wisdom and Basic ground rules #22  
i agree to the speed thing, especially when unexperienced with the machine. i just got a ol CC 129, garden tractor, and while not as big as the ones u are referring to, found myself in trouble when showing it off...i steered real hard at its highest rate of acceration and speed put er on two wheels(maybe three because of the tilting front axle) and was almost thrown off into the street(yea...i was in teh street on dry pavement, ill add more later re: high traction areas) which would have been really bad bc it wouldnt have shut off being it was pre-safety rules.

in regards to dry pavement, be cautious about turning, re-read above if needed, because on grass or dirt, gravel, etc, the wheels can slide some, whereas on pavement they cannot, as they are designed for the highest traction possible in low traction areas. learning from experience sucks, but the lesson is engrained into your mind better...

/ Newbie seeks Wisdom and Basic ground rules
Good Advice, thanks !

/ Newbie seeks Wisdom and Basic ground rules #24  
Keep the ROPS up and the seat belt fastened!!!

No passengers allowed (just the driver).