Newbie thats looking to buy a NH

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #1  

JMA375HH

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33DA
Hello everyone new to this Forum. Wife and I live in Alaska on 18+ Acr of wooded land. We live in a cabin and plan on building main home starting this next summer. we have a long driveway witch in winter I keep clear with my honda snowblower no big deal. but as time goes on I am finding that having a tractor would be handy. want somthing i can keep my driveway graded with. Clear some land remove stumps. move Dirt around and landscape with and iam sure as time goes on mow large lawn. looking at the NH TC30 loader box scrapper would like the back hoe but 7k i think i can wait. Does this sound like the rite way to go, also do they offer a closed cab for these models. anyway any info would help. thanks and Iam really glad i found you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #2  
The tc 30 is a great economy tractor. i have a feeling that with a loader.. you will deffinately want shuttle tranny or hydro.. and 4wd will be safer in snow and ice.

Look at a tc 33d d model should be option 'rich'.

Don't get me wrong.. the economy lines are good models.. good solid tractors.

You can probably get a soft cab for it.. however I think for a hard cab you'll have to move up to a classIII.. I'm just not sure about the tc40/45/48??

Soundguy

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The tc 30 is a great economy tractor. )</font>

Hi Soundguy,

I just wanted to say that I think the word "Economy" does not give the TC30 justice. Whenever I hear that word used by anyone trying to describe the TC30 it always sounds like it knocks the tractor down by one notch. The "D" and "DA" models are excellent tractors but with some more ergonomic design and a few more options of convenience. The only thing that I can see that would be functionally different would be the loaders and I think the 7308 has no problem pulling it's own weight.
Didn't want to ramble on or sound like I'm being ignorant. You are a big asset to this board. I just wanted to give my 2cents.

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #4  
Hello and Welcome,

The TC30 would get you the most bang for your buck, but as Soundguy stated it has less bells and whistles. You can get Hard and soft cabs for the TC30 but they are pricey.

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #5  
First of all Welcome.

You are on the right track as far as equipment goes.

A cab and hydrostatic are great to have. They make the tractor comfortable and easy to operate.

I purchased a TC40DA and put a cab on it for winter comfort. It is a great addition. My wife uses the tractor to clear our driveway and the neighbors when I'm not home. I probably could have got away with a smaller unit but the price was right for this one. A cab is essential for winter work especially if you plan on living there for any length of time. I bought a hard cab. You can see pics in the "TC40DA Cab is on" thread.
Real nice to be warm. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #6  
I would look at something bigger like a TC45DA. As fas as pulling stumps goes you will need a backhoe. A TC30 is not gonna have enough weight and power to pull stumps. The 45 is about as big as you want to go mowing the big lawn. as far as moving dirt goes it depends on how much dirt but I would still lean toward the TC45D hydrostatic drive as being best all around for what you want to do. Just my opinion.

Mike

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( just wanted to say that I think the word "Economy" does not give the TC30 justice )</font>

I used economy in the sense of HP per dollar.

There are other more expensive, less hp models that also sport more 'chrome'.. and that was what I was refering to.

The design and op platform is even a tad more 'spartan'. That's neither good nor bad... I tend to like the 'utility' look on a tractor.. If I want plush. bells and whistles, etc.. I'll get in my truck.

I'm also a stickler about plastic and fiberglass. The more plastic and fiberglass.. or even 'beauty' features I see on a tractor.. the more I think about what I'm spending on NON-HP features.. and also how those features may look in say.. 50 years.

For instance.. take a tractor with a metal hood. with good care, even in the sun.. it will be here in 50 ys. Take a plastic or fiberglass hood. 50 years of sun is going to be a death sentence. Course we are coming out with better plastics all the time.. but they get spendy too.

Push buttons.. digital dashes.. cluster electronics all look good.. but I wonder how well they last.. and how replaceable they will be decades from now. Dashes with simple mechanical gauges, etc.. are much easier to maintain and replace.. course.. I'm a long haul tractor owner. When I plunk the money down.. I look at owning the tractor for a long period of time.. say 2-3 wives worth! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I almost bought a 3010s one time as an upgrade from my 1920 .. the 1920 was feature rich.. and the 3010s was.. well.. spartan, and very utilitarian... both would have been agreat tractor.. I ended up keeping the 1920 however.. but did finally just trade it in on my 7610s.. which I also see as being a bit spartan in operator platform layout and dash setup. Again.. this is great... It's my dedicated lawnmower. 3 days after I got it I hitched up my 10' mower.. it's never come off yet...

the tc30 is a great tractor.. i wasn't knocking it.. however compair its price and features to a 29d

Also not that i was refering to a plain tc30.. etc

Soundguy

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #8  
I agree with Roto - the bigger machine TC35, 40, 45 will make light work of landscaping. While a bit more $$ than the TC30, they aren't a huge step from a TC33DA.

I've got 400+ hours on a TC18. My Dad bought a TC40DA. No comparison.

See if you can get your dealer to let you demo a couple different sizes at your place. Maybe offer to pay a weeks' rental - refundable upon purchase of a tractor.

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH
thanks for all the good info. our dealer told me yesterday that he had a 33 arriving in ten days. loader and drag box 21,000. after market cab all metal and glass said they run around 4000. Thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Newbie thats looking to buy a NH #10  
<font color="blue"> "Push buttons.. digital dashes.. cluster electronics all look good.. but I wonder how well they last." </font>

Roger That Soundguy!