Newbie with plows

/ Newbie with plows #1  

Mur386

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel
Hi Everyone
First off, I have never used any plows ever, so here is my question, this plow is a dearborn 10-80, wondering what you would use it for. There is also a multidisc harrow that appears to be in working condition as well. I have tried internet searching for information on using plows, and did not find much. Anybody want to share their knowledge? The reason for asking is that there is a pasture that is very rough and parts of the soil are extremely hard. Would like to grow hay on it next year. The dearborn 10-80 seems like a great way to really turn things over and then use the multidisc to smooth it back down? Looking for advice or suggestions that will prevent me from doing lots of trail and error testing. Thanks for any suggestions
Billy

Attachments

• dearborn plow.jpg
    dearborn plow.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 147
   / Newbie with plows #2  
Hi Everyone
First off, I have never used any plows ever, so here is my question, this plow is a dearborn 10-80, wondering what you would use it for. There is also a multidisc harrow that appears to be in working condition as well. I have tried internet searching for information on using plows, and did not find much. Anybody want to share their knowledge? The reason for asking is that there is a pasture that is very rough and parts of the soil are extremely hard. Would like to grow hay on it next year. The dearborn 10-80 seems like a great way to really turn things over and then use the multidisc to smooth it back down? Looking for advice or suggestions that will prevent me from doing lots of trail and error testing. Thanks for any suggestions
Billy

if you plow an area, be sure to disk it and maybe run a blanket harrow or tiller over it to level it out.. :thumbsup: