/ Newbie #11  
Yeah, don't take me for the guy who has a lot of experience with mulching, that's just an estimate of what the guys around me charge for just a skid steer, but that 200 sounds like a good profit margin for sure!

/ Newbie #12  
You can get $150/hr for a Bobcat and mulcher... I'd be looking at $200+hr. for a dedicated machine like the 140. Your haul costs are going to be higher as are your fuel, maintenance, etc. While you may not be as versatile, on a straight mulching job, you will mostly out-cut a stock skid steer or CTL so charge accordingly.
Part of my pricing strategy is versatility. I ask a little more than some of my competitors but I have a lot of attachments and a few extra years of experience. Not every customer is willing to trust that my experience or extra tools are worth it and that's fine but I refuse to work my setup for the prices that some guys are charging for an old landtamer on a worn out skid steer.

I think once you know your fuel and maintenance costs, haul costs, etc., you can start to justify your price per hour. Of course, the demand for your services plays into that pricing structure. When the burn bans are on, you might get a little more per hour. Personally, I've just stayed consistent for the last 4 years but it's looking more and more like I need to have a delivery fee or go up on my price per hour. I'm still thinking about it.

/ Newbie #13  
All depends on your area wat to charge with my 140 I had to get 180 an hr because I have to many competitors running around charging anywhere from 100 an hr to 150 so had to stay competitive. An with my 299D I charge 145, I should be charging 200-225 with the 140. I before I forget make sure your 140 had all the updates done to it, final drives plates welded on your c

/ Newbie #14  
All depends on your area wat to charge with my 140 I had to get 180 an hr because I have to many competitors running around charging anywhere from 100 an hr to 150 so had to stay competitive. An with my 299D I charge 145, I should be charging 200-225 with the 140. O before I forget make sure your 140 had all the updates done to it, final drives, plates welded on your c frame, fan on your cooler turned up, an pressure turned down going to the finals to name a few.

/ Newbie
Where are you in Hill Country. The wife and I get down that way pretty regularly. So you do mainly mesquite and cedar in rocky conditions?

/ Newbie #16  
I'm NW of San Antonio by not too far.

No mesquite to speak of just cedar and brush. Lots of rock.. Rock, rock, rock but now and again I'll get on a property with a few inches of soil.. :)

/ Newbie #17  
Cat beat me too it check the machines history to make sure the long list of updates have been done to the 140. It will save you a lot of headache in the long run.