Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #11  
I test drove a Mah MAX28 and it was a cool powerful little beast I really liked it. If you stick with a top brand you really can't go wrong. Get the tractor that fits you the best and gets you the most features and power for the price. B.

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #12  
Welcome.....hope you find your tractor.:thumbsup:

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #13  
You might also try Kioti. LS, and TYM - all of them have dealers within 30 miles or so of you, and make good tractors as well. Only your pocketbook will notice the difference.

This. I wouldn't shy away from a Bobcat either....Kioti has been around for a couple of decades now, and aren't likely going anywhere, so the parts will still be available. I'd probably make sure to get a parts manual, so I could match it with the Kioti parts manual, but that's about the extent I'd consider necessary.

Don't forget that with some of the bigger names, they aren't making their own SCUT/CUT tractors now. You can buy the same machine from New Holland, Case or LS, but they're all made in the same place...but the prices are usually quite different.

I'd do some serious research, and drive as many as you can. Things that you never would think of can wind up being annoying to the point you'll chose a different brand/model.

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor
Thank you all thus far for your replies!

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #15  
If you're looking for "bang for the buck" I'd give a very serious look at Bobcat. As they transition away from compact tractors they are offering aggressive pricing and FREE front end loaders until the end of May. The Bobcat company is here to stay, their tractors are produced for them by a fine Korean company with a major presence here in the USA. Parts and service support is assured.

Go see the standard features on the Bobcat and get a price quote. It should be thousands less than the others.

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #16  
Hi all, I currently own a Husqvarna GTH27V48LS, but I'm now looking for a Sub Compact or small Compact tractor for clearing and maintaining my property. I'm here for a little research on the subject, so any suggestions are encouraged and appreciated. Thanks Chemteck!

How big is your property, and what do you want to do specifically with the tractor? I would determine your needs/wants first, theres a bit of difference between SCUTS and CUTS. I have both, and they each have their place and missions.....;)
Good luck hunting!

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #18  
   / Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #19  
Thank you all thus far for your replies!

We shopped around our local area-Batavia, Brockport, and Albion specifically, and liked the deal we found on our Kubota B2320 with free financing over 5 years the best, we also did not like the salesman at our local green tractor dealer.

Knowing what I know now, I'd get some a little bit bigger with more power.

Thomas

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor
How big is your property, and what do you want to do specifically with the tractor? I would determine your needs/wants first, theres a bit of difference between SCUTS and CUTS. I have both, and they each have their place and missions.....;)
Good luck hunting!

Right now I have 3 acres of which roughly 1.25 acres is currently cleared with our house on it. I would like to clear the brush and some of the junk pines off the rest of it. which there isn't a ton of larger trees on it. I figure I can hire a dozer do the initial clearing and then do the cleanup and property maintenance with whatever I decide on. I will probably use a box blade to smooth things out and then utilize either brush hog or finish mower to keep things in order. I will also be using a PHD for fencing and maybe to plant some trees around. In addition I'll need to run a tiller for a decent size garden, but I think a 4 foot tiller would be plenty. Also I don't want to get too big, because I would like to run a MMM on the lawn around the house and storage is a concern so I would really like to have one machine do everything. Not too mention the fuel economy of a diesel would be better than my Husqvarna which to say the least is a bit on the thirsty side and it only has a 48" cut on it. I should have went with the 52" at a minimum, but those models simply could not be had at any Husqvarna dealer within 100 miles of me for at least another 3 weeks when I was looking to buy and the grass simply would not wait that long! I'll not make that mistake again, if I can help it.

Somewhere down the road, I'll inherit probably another 5 acres next to my current property but most of that is cleared with some light brush and is basically a former horse pasture as our property was when we had the house built 2 years ago. So basically a brush hogging or finish mowing every few weeks to a month would keep that section up fine.

Current models I'm looking at are, Mahindra Max either the 25 or the 28XL, J.D. 2000 series, Kubota B series, Massey Ferguson 15 series, and I just might check out Kioti, LS, and Bobcat in my search as well.