NewEngland Co-op??

/ NewEngland Co-op?? #11  
I to found my local New Holland dealer ( MB Tractor in Tilton ) Very willing to work a deal with me. They, without me asking and without hesitation of any kind, immediatly matched most all of the lowest prices I came in with, the ones they couldn't match they got pretty darned close to.
I did not find them, nor any of the New Hampshire dealers
( all colors ) for that fact to be arrogant or unwilling to negotiate.
I think that a Co-Op type purchase would be great, unfortunatly the logistics of putting one together could be near impossible. To get enough people in a fixed area, to commit to a purchase at the same time, on the same brand, at the same dealer etc. etc.
Just my opinion !!

/ NewEngland Co-op?? #12  
Exactly correct, the logistics would make it impossible. I said that ALL the Greek pizza shop owners ganged up at once. If forced a considerable price drop and they keep it that way. One guy drop out or get mad then no telling what will happen. To get ten guys in New England all ready to accept one color tractor regardless what it is, is like trying to nail jello to a tree..

/ NewEngland Co-op?? #13  
Have you tryed approaching any of the dealers w/ this proposition? jimg

/ NewEngland Co-op??
I have yet to talk to any dealers. My hope would not so much to be a group of five guys buying one brand of tractor. I would like to see a development of (over time)two hundred+ TBN members getting together and establishing a relationship with a dealer of each brand.

Lets face it. Most of the people on this site enjoy tractors and talking about them thats why their here. But the research and discovery process is a lot of work. You are walking into a dealer as an educated consumer. Your efforts brought you to the dealer and most likely you know what you want. The transaction should only take five minutes. But it doesn't. Why? Because you spend most of the time your there listening to the dealer explain why his price is so much higher than the ones you saw on the internet.

As far as expenses being higher in the northeast. That may hold some weight in Hartford CT but not in rural New Hampshire. My brother lives in Georgia in an area where the median income and real estate prices are equal to New England and he paid $3200.00 less for his tractor than I was quoted in New Hampshire.

I will reiterate the fact that I have NO intention of eliminating the dealers profit. I just find it funny that a dealers that claim that their profit is marginal is so protective of his invoice cost. Steve...

/ NewEngland Co-op?? #15  
styman
With all do respect. I stand by my statement about costs in the Northeast. If you did a comparision of ALL the costs of doing business up here to down South (or many other areas) I am confident you will find it much higher in the Northeast.The real estate prices where your brother lives my be similar. But I think you will find, Wages, taxes, insurance , freight etc on average is still more. I know it cost 50% more to ship equipment into the Northeast compared to many other areas. Maybe it has to do with not much shipping out of here (back hauls) But the fact remains it cost more to do business up here. Should dealers be willing to negotiate, absolutely.
Once again after all is said and done dealers where ever they are are just trying to make a living. And if you or anyone else wants to buy out of state by all means do what you think is right for you. After all this is America. For some people in the long run it works out fine and for others maybe not so fine. We all just have to do what feels right for ourselves.
Sincerely
Chipperman

/ NewEngland Co-op?? #16  
"Rural NH"?? The last time I read a NH paper they were trying to do away with the "Dept of Agri." completely. Also if you draw a line from Keene to Concord to Rochester, how many Ag tractors over 50 HP are you going to find south of it.? Most would be under 30HP and according to this site, those should last 20 years. Not much of a future in those figures for a dealer.

R N Johnson, Chappel, Johnny Knox and the others have been there many years and I doubt if they are millioneres, and also doubt if they will get into the kind of deal you suggest. Maybe in Mass., but not those boys.

There may not be an income or sales tax in NH, but there is an 'Int and Dividend" tax and a 'business" tax that YOU pay on every purchase indirectly.

/ NewEngland Co-op??
Justaplain, I never mentioned an AG Co-op the groth in NH is in the compact market.

Rozencrantz, Deere 5 times the size they use to be....

MB Tractor Kubota 4 times the size it use to be...

Chappell, Kubota & New Holland just built a huge facility in Brentwood...

Northwood power just opened a huge Massey dealer in Northwood and one in Allenstown...

Kioti is openeng three new dealerships in NH so I am told

Northeast Forklift just opened a Mahindra dealership this year in Epsom

In case you have not noticed there are a lot of people who never considered a tractor now buying them as toys.

Every dealer tells me the smaller tractors sell faster than they can get them. MB tractor claims to be the largest Kubota dealer in the country

Sounds to me like you are the only one who does not see a potential in the compact market.

/ NewEngland Co-op?? #18  
The Largest volume tractor dealer for Kubota in the USA is now Goforth Enterprises when they purchased Charlie Hull out in MT.Airy, NC. You wonder why? In a 100 mile radius of Charlotte, NC is the #1 area for CUT sales in the USA.

/ NewEngland Co-op?? #19  
I'll help you with this one boys. One name and a list of tractor sizes and the way you need them equipped. They will have to be billed to one party. They of coarse would be cheapest if delivered to one location. Most all dealers would do this as it is often done for towns and municipalities. Now, can you put it together?

/ NewEngland Co-op?? #20  
Also, you can never even hint that it is a co-op of 5 or so people who are intending to buy tractors regardless. If the dealer gets a whiff of that, it's in his best interests to say, "No", and simply wait for all 5 people to come in and buy the tractors anyway, at his normal price. In the case of a one-time purchase, the dealer may be more likely to discount one tractor, hoping to make it up on the next four. For him to discount all five means that he has to sell 20 others at a higher price to make up the difference. The one thing that could convince the dealer is if you could prove that the other 4 guys were absolutely going to buy something else, and you were solely responsible for bringing them in. One way to do that would be to show recent receipts for deposits on other tractors at other dealers, which would be cancelled and switched to the target dealer if he gives a good price.