newer bx not stopping when reverse pedal released

/ newer bx not stopping when reverse pedal released #11  
Interesting. Thanks, I'll check it out. I may still be using poor wording by saying it "sticks". Or maybe not, perhaps you know what I'm saying...

Does your pedal not get "sluggish" in colder temps? I can feel that the pedal is just slow to move in general, all the way forward or backward. This sluggish movement just causes it to sometimes not return all the way to center. Its not like a mechanical stuck. I've just always envisioned that it was due to whatever fluid forces are at work against the pedal are colder and therefor thicker.

But I will certainly check out the grease situation. Its due anyway so I need to go through the entire machine. Thanks for the tip!

/ newer bx not stopping when reverse pedal released #12  
I guess I must be weird. Since this pedal rocks the full range from forward to backward, I don't remove my foot until the tractor stops. It's not like there is another pedal to go to like the JD I drove this summer. On that one, you had to move your foot to a different pedal for reverse, so you would definitely want the forward pedal to return to a neutral position. But on a BX, I find I don't care at all; when the tractor stops, I must have hit the neutral position. As for the cold sluggish feeling, the whole tractor is sluggish until it warms up, so I haven't found this out of the ordinary either.

/ newer bx not stopping when reverse pedal released #13  
Same here, that happens to me in the winter time but not in the summer time, I think its just because the machine and fluid is cold.

/ newer bx not stopping when reverse pedal released #14  
This has been discussed here and there on the forum. I believe the smaller models have a much smaller pedal, and probably fits the foot better. On my particular model, the pedal is bigger and akwardly located. To have your foot on both forward and back positions at the same time would be incredibly uncomfortable. At least for my body build. Its bad enough, I've considered remodeling the right floorboard to accommodate the 2 pedal design rather than the rocker.

So with that being said, maybe it gives a little better visual on my issue. My foot is generally only pushing on the forward part of the rocker. So when its cold and sluggish, simply "letting go" of forward doesn't always completely stop the tractor. I then have to either push on the reverse part of the rocker, or I've found that and easier way for me is to hook my toes under the forward part and lift up. This is nearly the only way to operate it if I'm backing a trailer or something that causes me to have to turn around and look behind me. With my body twisted, I can't hardly even get my heel on the reverse pad. Kind of a bad design in my opinion. It either needs the 2 side by side pedals, or different position for the rocker. If I have time some day, I think it would be neat to relocate it forward several inches, and somehow tilt it slightly backward. Then I think one could leave his foot on the entire pedal

/ newer bx not stopping when reverse pedal released #15  
Try greasing the treadle. There is a fitting right at the pivot/axle. I'd bet that either the grease in there is thin/dry, or maybe it's just not a good grease at low temps. It's supposed to be greased every 50 hrs, but I do it more like every 20 since it gets a lot of use.

I have never had the pedal stick on my L3200 (same as your 3301 except for Tier 4 and minor tweaks). I've used the tractor in weather from 10F to 100F.

This....it is something that is usually not done with the same regularity as the other grease fittings on the machine. You have to take up most of the mat to get to it....it is a bit of a pain, then you are going to bust at least one of those little plastic push pins that hold the mat down.

I would look at this area first, and pulling the mat will give you a good look at the assembly to see if anything is goofy looking in there. I admit I don't do mine as often as I should, think about it, you are to grease just about everything else at 10hrs.....this IIRC is at 50.....and it is the thing that is moved the most.