Newer disc replacement parts

/ Newer disc replacement parts #1  

rubycreekted

I have a 4 gange disc with a broken casting, the one with the grease fittings on it that supports the shaft. I have not been able to find the mfr name on it. It is only a few years old. The 4 shafts that the discs rotate on are about 4 ft long. Can I find parts for these at tractor supply or do I need to look online? I haven't taken the shaft assembly all off to tear it apart to see what else may need replacing yet. Thanks.

/ Newer disc replacement parts #2  
I have a 4 gange disc with a broken casting, the one with the grease fittings on it that supports the shaft. I have not been able to find the mfr name on it. It is only a few years old. The 4 shafts that the discs rotate on are about 4 ft long. Can I find parts for these at tractor supply or do I need to look online? I haven't taken the shaft assembly all off to tear it apart to see what else may need replacing yet. Thanks.

Try Shoup, Valu-Bilt, Agri Supply, ect. The cast "boxing" used on most of the newer disc's is a common, "generic" style. (There are TWO different types though, easily identified by the style of spool..... that's the spacer between disc blades, internal to the casting) Is your broken one the top half or the bottom half?

/ Newer disc replacement parts
THANKS FARMWITHJUNK, I will start there.

When I figure out how to insert an image here I will show the broken part. A good unproken part. And a picture of the entire disk. I looked at McMasters Carr website for similar parts on a lot of doscs and found none. Can anyone help me identify the make of this disk. I can find no tags or writing on it.

I searched on "how to insert pictures" and found no help.

Ted

Here are the 3 pictures of the Disk and parts I am trying to identify and locate.

Last edited:
I uploaded the 3 pictures to the PHOTO tab in a public rubycreekted folder but fail to be able to follow the instructions to have them show up here. I still need help both getting a image here and to identify where I can get parts if someone would be so kind. I found the FAQs and tried to follow the instructions.

/ Newer disc replacement parts #7  
If you have your pics saved in a file, click to post reply. Below where you type your message, scroll down to see additional options. Click on "Attach Files". Click on "browse", it should let you get to what file your pictures are on your 'puter. My documents, or my pictures, wherever... Bring your picture up, and right click, and hit select. Do the same for your other pictures. There is room to download 4.

When you have all your pictures selected, click on download. Depending if you have high speed, or dial up it takes a few seconds, or more to down load the pics. Once they are downloaded, at the bottom of the page it says "close this window."

Close it, and your message box will appear, and below it, your downloaded pics are there...

Hope this helps...!!

I followed the instructions provided and hope to now have pictures. I took the disk apart this weekend to see the extent of the damage. I will be needing both sets of cast parts, the outer casting that has the grease fittings and that the support bolts that fasten it to the hanger on the upper frame of the disk.. I also need two of the inner castings that look to be the bearing surfaces that ride in the outer casting that is broken. I see clearly markings on the outer (broken) casting as follows. There is a CFG-2 and a S inside a vertical oval. Do these numbers or logo mean anything to anyone who can help me ID the manufacturer of the disk so I can find these parts?
The design looks like the outer casting has grooves that the raised ridges on the inner casting ride in. Looks like just grease keeps the two sets of surfaces from wearing. I can not see any seals but maybe they have distroyed themselves and are gone.

Attachments

• DSC02875 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02875 (Medium).JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC02877 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02877 (Medium).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC02880 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02880 (Medium).JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 111
   / Newer disc replacement parts #9  
THANKS DJ54, You are the MAN. And this site is the PLACE. Now I have the manufacturer and model of my Disc and the parts are ordered. Thanks again.