Newest addition to my family of tractor implements

/ Newest addition to my family of tractor implements
Actually, as it is I regularly add my coffee grounds to the pile. I try not to add grounds in the same place twice as even a small amount will go a very long way. My personal opinion is that coffee grounds are the perfect composting material. They are high in both carbon and nitrogen, they come with perfect moisture, worms love them, and with bacteria and other microbes surrounding them in the raked up grass, they turn very hot very quickly. I have used individual packets of coffee grounds wrapped up in their filters and used them as "seeds" to start the process. Some of these get so hot I don't want to touch them. After a couple of days they steam and will burn my hand if I leave it on too long. The other material I try to add are freshly mowed grass clippings. These don't collect as well with the new rake, and I really need to get them within an hour of being cut for best results, but the combination of high nitrogen and moisture with all the carbon in the dried grass makes for a potent combination with just a little water, though we got a whopping 4-5 inches of rain yesterday, so I suspect that the pile is rearing to go. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your input and I have done this at time, but one of the reason I made this rake in the first place was to make use of the bounty already on the land. Again, I am not really an organic gardener/farmer (the requirements are so specific that I question just how organic the process really is), I just like the principle of using and nurturing my land's own natural bounty--the real source of organic husbandry.

SI2305

/ Newest addition to my family of tractor implements
Here is the result of my new obsession. The windrow is about 30 feet long buy 4-5 feet wide by 2-2.5 feet high. There was a windrow there already from early spring, but it had already partially decomposed, matted down, and otherwise greatly reduced in volume. Anyway, here it is.

SI2305

Attachments

• Windrow 1r.jpg
    Windrow 1r.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Windrow 2r.jpg
    Windrow 2r.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 118