Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating

/ Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating #81  
All you and others who follow are proving is that those on this forum are a tight knit group of Yanmar followers who aren't interested in anyone's input except their own. ... Close mindedness and groupthink will not help you Yanmar guys get any new insight
New insight is always welcome. I for one want to learn all I can. I don't think you have added anything to this thread beyond a huge attitude and personal attacks. Again, would you like to explain how you attained your claimed superior knowledge in this topic?

/ Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating #82  
The strange thing here is that this Yanmar forum is one of the most civil groups on TBN, or online anywhere. These tractors we discuss are orphans. Yanmar departed the US market 20?? years ago, then gray market importers brought over a flood of Japanese-spec Yanmars. This community of interested owners is the primary support (along with a few major mailorder parts dealers) for nearly all the Yanmars in the US. (Recent model Yanmars have dealer support and warranties so only a few of their owners show up here).

And - these old Yanmars are simple. When a newbie shows up with a problem and asks for others' experience on his issue, usually several people respond describing the last several times that question was asked, and answered. Substantial mutual respect has developed here over the years.

CM, you don't realize what you walked into. You seem oblivious to the cultural clues here - different people express different levels of expertise but all the present participants do so with obvious mutual respect.Evidently no respect for someone outside your special clique. And let's not forget I'm NOT the one who started off with the sarcastic, nasty comments. Would be nice if more of the levels of expertise were on point and not just guesses not based on facts or proper diagnostic skills. Might get a lot more tractors fixed in process too. The poster you have been arguing with owns an auto repair shop, while you have offered nothing to substantiate your claimed vast experience. I wonder if your experience is half of his. I don't owe you or anyone else explanation or justification of my experience, but since you seem to want to include this in the reasoning of why or why not I should be able to post in this forum, I'll tell you this: I choose to be partners with my best friend in my late 20s. He had vocational/technical training in the automotive field. I had no formal training in automotive technology when I started, but grew our partnership into a highly respected foreign auto (only) repair center, and keep three bays constantly busy for over ten years fixing, converting, selling and trading all types of foreign autos from all over the world.
I bought out my partner, and eventually choose to sell the property and business, and went into other endeavors, one of which was going back to graduate school for an advanced degree in Applied Psychology.

When I first started reading here the Kioti forum was a joke to everyone else, it was full of posters with attitude. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with me. The moderators were needed constantly. Several owners got banned when they didn't have the sense to tone down their meanness. This Yanmar forum has never sounded like that and I don't think that approach would get any traction here. Your opinion....

Now - if you have something to add to any of these threads that broadens our knowledge we would love to hear it. Guess I have your implicit permission, eh?! And, in case you missed it I already made a well received contribution that was attempted to be shot down by your car guru. Miserably I might add. You all have come to his defense like the likened to a children's game participants you all seem to be so well exemplifying; as cited by the other poster who seems so bent on telling me what I've done wrong, etc, etc.[/QUOT4E]

See above rebutal interwoven into the poster's reply, in blue color for clarification.

/ Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating #83  
What is all this proving here!! This stupid thread keeps popping up at the top!!

/ Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating #85  
Stand by whatever you want and tell me that my point was tangential, and un-necessary all you want.

Do you think your point was necessary, after he had already done the repair and treatment you suggested? I never said your ideas to retorque were tangential. Your participation in a dialogue about the merits of various fastener lubricants was no more tangential than everyone else's; if I mischaracterized that I am sorry. I didn't mean to sound as if your advice or explanations to him were unappreciated or irrelevant. Since they were contributed after his tractor was operating properly, though, I have a hard time imagining how they could be construed as necessary. I think your advice was well-received and accepted. I know your tone was not. The two are distinct.

I'm certainly not criticizing you for the quality of your advice. I'm pointing out that you are being rude, impolite, and unfriendly. Even at that it's not a criticism, it's merely an observation, and one you have acknowledged. You seem, in my view, to be feeling justified and self-righteous about being a sacrificial martyr preaching the gospel of sound procedural diagnostics to an unaccepting, closed society of inbred Yanmar owners, and thus absolved from any social norms that prevail in the group, like being polite, friendly, and tolerant.

Your content isn't being attacked; your tone is inappropriate and not the way things typically go here. I don't understand that, since it only impacts you to the degree you choose to involve yourself. I've tried to be fair and honest and polite to you, and keep repeatedly pointing out that you have often been friendly and warm and polite to others less knowledgeable than yourself, but once you came here you seem bound and determined not to let things go, and just play nicely.

Criticise me all you want, but look at who started the; 'we're just having a friendly conversation here if that's alright with you' comment. It WASN'T me.

As I have mentioned, I am not wanting to criticize you. I am trying to keep this area a polite, civil, and friendly place for all, and point out misbehavior according to the rules this group typically follows. I think it is very clear that I pointed out I realize who it was who said something to spark your diatribes, so I don't know why you are referring to that:

I can see where you might have misunderstood Car Doc's comment about having a friendly conversation

As California mentioned, I think everybody here is welcoming and accepting of new blood, and I honestly do appreciate members at TBN who contribute in this arena and share insight or experiences we may not have. One of the reasons this section of the board is so successfully generally hinges on the fact that everyone here is so civil and welcoming to one another, even when they don't normally frequent this part of the board. Indeed, your first three posts exemplified that characteristic. Car Doc made a remark that you chose to interpret in a confrontational way, and the last couple pages have been, as RickyB described it, a
Typical multipage TBN thread; problem resolved, yet somebody is still dancing around the fire beating his chest claiming to be more 'right' than anyone else.

I do not absolve myself of being a prime instigator in continuing that trend, so this will be my last message on this thread, and hopefully the useful content of the thread will not be lost in my verbose ramblings.

/ Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating #86  
The couple of wingnutz that keep telling me about what this 'special' forum for Yanmar tractors are all about is what keeps driving this thread into the dirt. I made a statement, well received at first, and then replied to a thinly disguised sarcastic remark from cardok, at which point the thread derailed as one after the other of you choose to jump on the bandwaggon of telling me what I should do, need to do, etc. You've questioned my experience, thrown out irrelevant comments about the Kioti forums which has absolutely NOTHING to do with me, (other than at best I happen to own a Kioti tractor- so what).
You accuse ME of attacking poor innocent, sarcastic, owns an auto shop cardok, as if I started something with him personally. I did not. I told him a chevy V-8 has little to do with the tractor in this thread and he didn't take it well and started in with me. That's all, nothing more. You guys came to his defense when he derailed and took up the gauntlet to try to teach me a lesson. Then you wonder why the thread keeps popping up to the top?! It does so because this ridiculousness keeps getting thrashed, and you choose to keep engaging me about it. Ask yourselves who made any of you the unofficial police of this or any forum or thread? Yourselves.
Plenty of stuff floats and it's not all fruit- look to your own posts as to why this thread is hopelessly mired in muck.

/ Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating
EVERYONE!!!!!! I appreciate everyone's help and it appears my tractor is fixed. I'll know better this weekend when I take it back out and put it to work. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'll consider everything everyone has to say and either use it or chose to ignore it. That is the only reason I post on this blog is to get new ideas. I don't know if anyone is right or wrong until I make the decision to try their suggestion. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR HELPING WITH GOOD IDEAS. Now go help someone else who needs help, I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there posting that could use all of your advice, both the good and the not so good. You never know what's going to work until you give it a try or eliminate it, because you know better. THANKS AGAIN.

/ Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating #88  
I wish you the best with your tractor.Have a good 1

/ Newly Rebuilt Tractor Overheating #89  
EVERYONE!!!!!! I appreciate everyone's help and it appears my tractor is fixed. I'll know better this weekend when I take it back out and put it to work. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'll consider everything everyone has to say and either use it or chose to ignore it. That is the only reason I post on this blog is to get new ideas. I don't know if anyone is right or wrong until I make the decision to try their suggestion. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR HELPING WITH GOOD IDEAS. Now go help someone else who needs help, I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there posting that could use all of your advice, both the good and the not so good. You never know what's going to work until you give it a try or eliminate it, because you know better. THANKS AGAIN.
Right on, well said.