Next tractor

/ Next tractor #1  

trekfelt

I have 12 acres, 2 open and 10 wooded. Hillside for all. I had an 8N when I was clearing to build 25 years ago, sold it 10 years ago and now am ready for another tractor for retirement. I would like FEL, 4WD, Brush hog, BH if I can afford it. Land in woods a bit rough so some ground clearance is needed. A mower for the lawn would be nice if it disconnects easily for ground clearance. All assistance appreciated. I have locally JD, Kubota, Cub Cadet and Simplicity. Thanks

/ Next tractor #2  
In the <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> line. You can get a BH and MMM in the BX23, B7610, B7800 and B3030. To fit all of your task I would recommend the B7800. It can run a 5' bush hog, 72" MMM, and 7' 6" BH. Price for tractor with FEL and R4 tires should be about $15000.
I will let others tell you about the other 2 dealers you listed.

/ Next tractor #3  
Hey skistowe,

I've been accused of advertising, but after my investigating and comparing, I'm going with the Kama brand. I'm not advertising, just trying to inform those that ask.

The KM554 is a nice tractor for the money.

Good Luck,
Kevin

/ Next tractor #4  
Kubota makes some nice machines. I looked at the BX23 and B2630/B3030. All three very nice. The BX23 is great for versitility and is made for light/medium FEL/BH work (watch the ground clearance though). If you are going to do a lot of brush hogging then you may want to look at the ~30 hp machines. The B3030 is nice and I'm sure JD has many nice tractors in this size.

I have 20 acres with ~12 of them woods. My Kioti CK30 is just big and heavy enough to handle the trees and stumps (pushing trees over, digging stumps, hauling logs, clearing trails, etc.). The B3030 is similar but not so heavy for that kind of work.

If you have lots of hills then you may want a wide tractor...some of the Kubota's are pretty narrow so watch out.

Good luck.

/ Next tractor #5  
Hey KevinW,

How long have you owned your Chinese tractor? Looking through your old post, I am not sure if you have bought one yet. I just purchased a Mahindra 3510 and am very happy with it. Since I have less then a dozen hours on it, I refrain from telling everybody it is the best thing since sliced cheese. Maybe if you downsized your pics, people would'nt accuse you of unscrubulous things also. Just an observation sir, but your message has come through loud and clear, only time will tell which tractors are the best choice for individuals. No clearcut winners and way to many varibles.

/ Next tractor #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ku
I have 20 acres with ~12 of them woods. My Kioti CK30 is just big and heavy enough to handle the trees and stumps (pushing trees over, digging stumps, hauling logs, clearing trails, etc.). .....

If you have lots of hills then you may want a wide tractor...some of the Kubota's are pretty narrow so watch out.

Good luck. )</font>

I had the exact tasks you list above and agree with your statement to get wide and heavy if you are going to do lots of management in a forest. However, I don't think comparing a CK30 and a B3030 is fair. The B3030 is designed to be light with a lot of HP. If I had 20 acres of lawn to maintain the B3030 would go to the top of my list. However, I was interested in 20 acres of forest cleanup and mantainence. So, when I was shopping for my tractor, I compared the CK30 to the L3130. I looked serious at the CK30 and then comparied them to the Kubota L3130 specs. The L3130 was definately more money and both tractors weighed about the same. However, in terms of Width, found that the Kubota a bit wider and the FEL a bit stronger. Plus it offered a skid steer quick attach on the FEL which the CK30 did not. I have three different front attachments so I needed the Quick Attach.

/ Next tractor #7  
Backhoe, ground clearance, mower? I'd check the subframe on the backhow for ground clearance. Also.. for MMM mowers.. i think I've heard that the kubota will let you keep the mower and backhoe on.. not sure about others.

If you dropped the hoe.. guess you could get a rear mower.

If you only finish mowed a bit.. I'd almost suggest an economy rider mower.. like a murray for 800$ to just mow a few strips around the house.. then put your money into the tractor..e tc.

If you are doing alot in the woods.. don't get too big a tractor.. it will limit your movement unless your woods are thin.

I'd look at 24-30ish hp ( small frame on the CUT if 30hp range ).

Check all brands... I know MF has some higher hp / smaller frame units.

Soundguy