NGK Y112TS Glow Plug

/ NGK Y112TS Glow Plug #1  

glukowicz

Bronze Member
Tractor
06 Branson 3820i
Has anyone used a NGK 112TS glow plug(also shows 1232) in their Branson tractor? I have a 3820i and it is shorter than the OEM glow plug. I see in other posts that this is supposed to be an cross referenced glow plug. Wondering if I should send them back or use it.
Thanks for any help,
Gary

Last edited:
   / NGK Y112TS Glow Plug #2  
If the threads are shorter don't use it. The threads in the head will carbon up. Then if you install the correct length the plug can dislodge the carbon into the engine or get stuck or damage the other threads as you force it in.

Also if it's shorter the business end will be down in a hole where it's less effective.

/ NGK Y112TS Glow Plug
If the threads are shorter don't use it. The threads in the head will carbon up. Then if you install the correct length the plug can dislodge the carbon into the engine or get stuck or damage the other threads as you force it in.

Also if it's shorter the business end will be down in a hole where it's less effective.
Thanks. I think I will just return them and get OEMs.

/ NGK Y112TS Glow Plug #4  
I get my glow plugs directly from the Cummins dealer. For the 3820i like I have the part number is 4900224 and they seem to last much longer.