nh 1725 water in fuel

/ nh 1725 water in fuel #1  

revg62

Tractor
new holland 3415
hey all.working on a friend's 1725,found water in diesel by draining into a clear glass jar.drained all the fuel from tank,put in fresh diesel & managed to get it running good for a while then back to barely running (no throttle response).tried bleeding at injector pump,appears to be good flow.i'm guessing bleeding each injector one at a time next,ran out of daylight.wondering if anyone else has run into this & is it possible for water to make it through the injector pump to the injectors? also,anyone know if there's a screen inside fuel tank? not sure if we got all the water out,may need to pull the tank & clean.thanks in advance,revg62.

/ nh 1725 water in fuel #3  
There does not appear to be a screen inside of the fuel tank. It would be really easy to remove and rinse out the tank.
Filtering your fuel is the first step but you should also keep the fuel tank full when not in use, this will help in preventing condensation from forming inside the tank. Also check the gasket on the cap for the tank, if it is old and cracked I would replace it.
There is a paper inline fuel filter that you should replace also, I usually clean the bowl that holds that filter with a rag to remove any sediment.

/ nh 1725 water in fuel #4  
hey all.working on a friend's 1725,found water in diesel by draining into a clear glass jar.drained all the fuel from tank,put in fresh diesel & managed to get it running good for a while then back to barely running (no throttle response).tried bleeding at injector pump,appears to be good flow.i'm guessing bleeding each injector one at a time next,ran out of daylight.wondering if anyone else has run into this & is it possible for water to make it through the injector pump to the injectors? also,anyone know if there's a screen inside fuel tank? not sure if we got all the water out,may need to pull the tank & clean.thanks in advance,revg62.

It sounds like the the fuel flow is restricted. If there was a lot of water in the fuel there's probably some crud in the tank. Does it have a screen or strainer in the tank bottom that's part of the shut off valve? Make sure that is clear. When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

/ nh 1725 water in fuel #5  
For some reason on my 1900 if I run it out of fuel it is a pain to get the air bled out. I bleed it acording to the book but still have to keep cracking the fuel lines at the injectors. It will fire and idle but when you try to give it some throttle it revs up a little and then drops bach down. I will have to keep bleeding the injectors and it will finnaly come out of it. Some times I have to crack the lines 4-5 times.
Bill

/ nh 1725 water in fuel
thanks guys! we finally managed to get it running right after bleeding the injectors several times.there is going to be a mr funnel in my friend's christmas stocking.thanks again for all the replies.revg62

/ nh 1725 water in fuel
update: well,we thought we had it licked.my friend tells me it ran good for about 10 feet then died again.i went back today with fresh fuel,new filter & new fuel lines.drained the tank completely,replaced fuel lines & installed an inline clear filter (in case there was an issue with original valve/filter assy).filled tank with fresh diesel,let fuel flow through new lines/filter until good flow to injector pump.reconnected line & bled air at pump bleeder where fuel enters pump.ran fine for several minutes then power tapered off until it stopped.cracked lines at injectors,no help.finally removed all 3 lines from injectors & pump & found a steady flow of fuel coming out of the middle injector port on the injector pump with the engine off!i'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to be since the other 2 ports have no fuel coming out with engine off.i had to hold it with my finger until i could get the line back on.pretty sure it's internal to the pump,just wondering if anyone else has any ideas or experiences like this.i'll check with local injector shop on friday,i'm guessing a rebuild on the pump is in order.thanks again for your time,patience & ideas! revg62.