NH 1920 3 Pt. Lift won't Lift

/ NH 1920 3 Pt. Lift won't Lift #1  

toddwulf

Silver Member
Tractor
1998 New Holland 1920
NH 1920 3 Pt. Lift won\'t Lift

Just got a used NH 1920 4x4 with 757C Backhoe. Year is 1998 and it's got about 192 hours on it. It appears that the lift on the the 3PT. is not functioning, with or W/O the Backhoe attached. The PTO seems to work correctly and when the guy I bought it from demo'd the 3 Pt. (with Backhoe attached) all he did was show that it lowered -

So what are your thoughts on why it doesn't work? I've no manuals to refer to and erhaps it shouldn't have been lowered with the 757C attached.

Thanks in advance. Todd

'98 NH 1920 4x4

/ NH 1920 3 Pt. Lift won't Lift #2  
Re: NH 1920 3 Pt. Lift won\'t Lift

Todd, I'm not a New Holland guy but I'm going to take a geuss. Is the back hoe a PTO driven pump or does it run off of the tractor hyd's. The reason I ask is if the backhoe runs off of the tractor there's a good chance it runs off of the power beyond circuit, in which case you have to reconnect the power beyond hose to recieve hydraulics to your 3PH after backhoe removal, or loop the lines that were disconnected when the backhoe was removed. The other possibility is that the drop rate valve is closed (usually directly below the seat between your legs) try opening the valve, most likely counter clockwise. One more thought check for a diverter valve that has to be switched once the backhoe is removed ( most likely a push pull mechanism )

Kubmech

/ NH 1920 3 Pt. Lift won't Lift

KubMech, I think I owe you a beer. The Backhoe is Hydraulic and I hadn't noticed the loop through connect underneath the tractor and put 2 & 2 together. Thanks for helping out a new tractor owner who is obviously, much relieved.

Todd

'98 NH 1920 4x4

/ NH 1920 3 Pt. Lift won't Lift #4  

Damn, were you sitting at the computer waiting for an answer? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Glad I could help.

/ NH 1920 3 Pt. Lift won't Lift #5  

That's the great thing about this site. So many brains can normally solve a problem. Especially those with much more tractor oriented brains than me !!

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>