NH 268 hayliner. time for knotter rebuilds. Anyone doing exchanges/core? kits?

/ NH 268 hayliner. time for knotter rebuilds. Anyone doing exchanges/core? kits?
couple updates... The parts all went in just fine. I used my rolling garage hoist to hold/lower the stack back into position and get buttoned back in.. I thought that worked out well. Today will be greasing, resetting the timing, end-play, twine finger, plunger/needle check, blah blah. Essentially run thru the manual... does not take too long. especially when it's all clean.

The coolest adjustment I learned was the 'knife arm' travel and adjustment... essentially get a big ol' crescent and bend as required this way and that. W/ the new billhooks in... was absolutely needed ;-0

/ NH 268 hayliner. time for knotter rebuilds. Anyone doing exchanges/core? kits? #12  
Always fun to see the look on a customers face when I started beating and bending on a brand new knife arm.

Keep us posted!

/ NH 268 hayliner. time for knotter rebuilds. Anyone doing exchanges/core? kits?
OKy - short update- Ran thru some tests of all equipment today. have a new Orange M6060 as an update to the L2550Gst. Everything is different, and just different settings and setups end to end.
On the whole Knotter rebuild - Simply put: beautiful knots! Not a miss.. not a glitch and overall... this was actually easier than I thought it would be. (a few pics below).
lessons learned-
I really did not need to pull the entire stack off the frame. the knotter service manuals details how to remove about everything w/o pulling it.
Misses GC told me to keep notes. which actually helped! Usually I just shoot pics, but notes did help!
To work on it; I set the stack on end in a workmate... (pic below) which really makes it easy to slip the knotters on/off. (dis-assy/assy)
It's heavy when all loaded back up and to set on the frame was just too much for me - Thus that 2ton garage crane ya'll have too from TSC, HF, RK, ...where-ever - really helped. Just sling it, lay it in and bolt it back up

IMG-2585.JPG
IMG-2361.JPG