NH 269 bale chamber repair

/ NH 269 bale chamber repair #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
I need the wear piece floor for a NH 269. I looks like a rectangle plate 3/16" thick maybe 12 " X 24" mine is wore clear through to the chamber frame. Is there any aftermarket replacements? or am I gonna have to just get a piece 10 ga. and jury rig a patch. My problem is I want the thing to be tied down enough so as not to catch the plunger when it rolls over it. Anyone out there with bale chamber repair experience? bjr

/ NH 269 bale chamber repair
Update: I was off on my dimensions. It actually was 15-1/2" x 42-1/2". Anyway it's gonna get a 10ga wear plate ( I layed out a pattern and a local shop will cut out the piece with needle slots and hay dog hole in it) welded over the existing mess it should out live me. The local NH Dealers mechanic suggested that. As long as I get the plunger to move full stroke without binding. bjr

/ NH 269 bale chamber repair #4  
I've sen sq baler chambers repaired by welding in new metal with good success.

/ NH 269 bale chamber repair
Well, I got the plunger back in and trying to make "all the adjustments" for the bearing clearances. I'm down to adjusting the two top bearings on the feeder drive side. I don't remember the identifying numbers from the manual. These are supposed to have some kind of elliptical studs that turn to adjust the bearing clearance. How in the blazes do you get at those studs you can't see them from the rear of the machine. There's got to be a way to adjust these bearings. bjr